“OK Place, Worth the Money, Good Price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Aquarius Condominiums
Dallas, Texas
“OK Place, Worth the Money, Good Price”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed in unit 602 for three nights in July, 2011. Had the best price on the island with a perfect location and an amazing view of the ocean. Directly on the beach. Everything in the condo worked and was clean. The building is older, but has been recently been updated, was good. Pool and hot tub were nice. The condo could use a paint job and a bit of updating, but overall was well worth the money. We would definitely go back. Not the place to go if you want to impress people with how much money you can spend, but if you are looking for the perfect location on the island and the best price available, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Pole1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Disregard the other, earlier reviews!! Unit 205 - the owners have updated this awesome condo that has an amazing view of the ocean. 2 bedrooms, big kitchen, living room and dining room area makes this a home away from home. The gated property allows only people who rent there be able to come in, friendly front desk staff, and great location. There are 3 wide screen tv's, free Wi-Fi! Cable! The most amazing thing is being able to watch the sunrise from 1 of 3 ceiling to floor sliding glass doors. Did I mention the balcony?? Just amazing! The pool and hot tub are great and while I was there for only 4 days, the pool man came twice. The grounds are immaculate as well as the spa/laundry area. Very nice, I highly recommend this condo to anyone that wants a home away from home. BTW, the owner, Mark, is SUPER nice and accomodating. Very easy to work with and FRIENDLY!! Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank klorek
Seadrift, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My family and I stayed labor day weekend. The condo we stayed in had air conditioning problems and the stove, upstairs toilet and microwave did not function properly. We tried to cook on the stove and smoke filled the entire apartment because there was not a proper ventilation system. We called the staff about the problems and they sent someone to fix the problems with the air conditioner and toilet right away. The staff was excellent however, the condo was very rundown. The sauna and exercise room were also very rundown.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The Good: great view, nice beach

The Bad: Be careful of hidden charges and AGGRESSIVE management. When we arrived the refrigerator didn't work. We called for service, after being very difficult on the phone, they finally sent someone. After 24 hours of waiting the refrigerator was finally functional. Upon checkout, management aggressively demanded 65$ or threatened to keep our 600$ deposit. The manager refused to let us speak, came from behind the counter and was physically threatening. He was verbally abusive. Other factors to consider include dirty pool, substandard materials for cleaning, MASSIVE hole in the wall, and shutting the water off for 3 hours midday with no compensation.

I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding this facility at ALL costs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Patlongsox
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We stayed in condo 605 for 4 days which had one of the most amazing views from the bedroom and the living/dining room area. I woke up to see the sunrise every morning. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, plates & silver ware . I bought disposables because the stuff was mismatched and really really old looking. I felt some of these things may have been used for something other than eating LOL (My own little quirk). I have to say the picture that was shown on the web site was very deceiving. The condo was very very very small and a trick with mirrors, they are in every room, made it look a great deal bigger than it actually was. The website says it sleeps six, in actuality it is a small two bedroom condo and I believe the futon is counted as a two person sleeper. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It is in need of replacing really bad. It also serves as your couch. The house keeping needs to be fired. It didn't smell or feel clean so I cleaned it myself, (another one of my quirks) Also, the tub and sink in the bathroom took anywhere from 15-20 minutes to drain between each of our showers. The DVD player also does not work. We even went out and bought new cords but could only get the sound to play out of it. Would I stay again, yes! Just not with small kids. I didn't think it was clean enough for them. I hadn't seen my boyfriend in 4 months, so it was fine with us. We have stayed in 5 star hotels but this was probably the most memorable one for us. The scenery is worth the small bad little things you encounter.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Spencerport, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2010

This place was very nice, and well kept. It is an older building but not in bad shape. THIS IS NOT A HOTEL. You should not expect to get towels or have your room made up because you are renting a condo. The folks that own 304 left very detailed instructions on the back of the front door. You are responsible for removing your own trash, cleaning dishes and clean up when you leave. There is a cuple that will wash towels and linens and clean up for a very reasonable 35 dollars. The beach is right in front of the hotel and my three year old son really liked it there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sushies1
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We stayed in unit #602. The only positive thing about this condo is it is on the beach which is great. However, that is the only good thing. The condo is way over priced. Considering that you get absolutely no services or anmenties. We had to make a late night trip to the store because we didn't realize that they did not even provide toilet pape except for what was left on the roll from the previous occupants. I took some disinfecting wipes with me and wiped everything down when we got there. It was pretty disgusting...especially the bathroom floor behind and next to the toilet. My teenage sons walked around in their socks and their socks were filthy. The tub was clogged and the blinds were broken. Maintenance did come out and fix those later in the evening..
The beds are very uncomfortable. There is no cleaning service. In fact they don't even come and take the trash out. You have to drive to the main office to exchange your towels out because they do not bring fresh towels. Some of our supposedly clean towels had stains on them. However they will charge you if you are the ones to leave any stains on the towels; but it doesn't keep them from using them any further..
We had a two bedroom, but the second bedroom is rather small. It also did not have a tv in there, which would have been nice.
The furniture is really outdated.
Like I said, the only positive thing is it is right on the beach but it's a trade off. This place should have been at least $250 less than it was. Way too expensive for what you get. Also this room overlooks the pool at the next condos, so it was rather noisy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family