“Great food! Very small & very busy!!!”
Review of Cap'n Roy's

Cap'n Roy's
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio
“Great food! Very small & very busy!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Food was great! I was a bit disappointed by the service. Very very busy & was at first told they weren't taking any to-go orders, which was a huge disappointment. With 3 kids at home, there's no way we could have safely endured the wait without having a toddler running all over the restaurant & disturbing everyone. I told them I would just like to place an order & I'm ok to come back in 30min or so to pick up. She checked with manager & ok'd my to-go order. So I just drove around the island while I waited for the order. It was packed! No place to sit. So...get there early! Right as they open! Fish platter, shrimp & fish tacos were all awesome :) beer battered fries too! Highly recommend...just prepare yourself for the crowds if you don't get there right as they open.

• Visited June 2014

McKinney, Texas
“Interesting Mix”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Cap'n Roy's is not your normal Tex-Mex restaurant. It is Tex-Mex with a mixture of seafood thrown in which makes for some unusual combinations with great flavor. I had the Camaronitas Diabolitas which is bacon wrapped shrimp with cheese and jalapeño peppers, OUTSTANDING!!! This dish was served with fries (over cooked) and fumi salad (cabbage salad)

Houston, Texas
“outstanding shrimp”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

had their award winning diablo shrimp and no wonder it has won so many awards. it was fantastic. ate lunch there at 2 and i got the last empty table. good service

• Visited June 2014
Lewisville, Texas
“Cheap, easy, decent food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We got to the restaurant at just the right time for dinner. About ten minutes after we sat down the whole place was packed and people were asked to wait for a table (and there's no waiting area, just about 20 tables). Roy was very nice, explained that their credit card machine wasnt working and we would have to pay in cash. We were fueling up for a night out so we had enough cash on us and it wasn't a big deal. It seemed like one of those places that has been on the island for years and years. My boyfriend and I shared the Deluxe Seafood Platter with shrimp instead of oysters, baked potato and fumi salad (very good). It was just typical fried seafood and was a good value for the amount of food we got. My friend had shrimp tacos which she enjoyed, and the other 3 in our party all had enchiladas ("great choice, Liz, this is exactly what I was craving!"). The calamari was bland, salsa was meh, and chips were homemade. I would eat here again just because it was easy. I think of it a little like Bill Miller's back in San Antonio... not the best food I've ever had but it hits the spot when you're hungry.

Visited June 2014
“The best fish tacos!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate there for one of last meals on the island. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and attentive! Our glasses were never empty! My husband had the chicken fajita (I say fajita because it was one HUGE one). He said it was good and was very reasonably pricedbfor fajitas. I had the fish tacos. They were amazing! Probably the best meal we had on the island! The fish was fresh, nicely grilled and the sauce was out of this world! They had just the right amount of spice to them. Even the rice and beans were good. We left stuffed. There was a ton of food for the price. I would defanitly recommend eating there. Its a nice small family type place.