“Great shrimp tacos!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cap'n Roy's

Cap'n Roy's
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Odessa, Texas
“Great shrimp tacos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was getting my FJ cruiser washed at the lazar wash next door the guy said it was good so we tired it. It had a few best od S.P.I. sings in the window and they were right. I had the blackened shrimp tacos (I had mine on flour tortilla, so I got one large taco rather than three small on corn tortillas) It was very good sides were excellent the red bean may be the best I have ever had defiantly best had at a restaurant. Its small limited seating so get there early.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I choose this restaurant because of the Trip Advisor reviews. When we arrived, we were promptly greeted. The menu was very straightforward and well priced. We ordered the deluxe seafood plate. They were out of oysters, which was fine with us, so they gave us extra shrimp. Everything was wonderful! The kids ordered kid food. No complaints here!

Dallas, Texas
“Long time favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We found this gem a few years back. We visit this local favorite several times during our visit. Favorites are blackened fish tacos and Tuesday Mexican special, with special sauce on enchiladas. Say hi to Roy when you visit. Wait staff friendly and very efficient. One of the best and probably tops for us on SPI.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mom & Pop place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent food! Best beef enchiladas I've had in a long while. Hubby had the stuffed jalapeño, said it was great! Not to much breading. Friendly staff, very attentive. We would definitely eat here again.

San Antonio
“Great food! Very small & very busy!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Food was great! I was a bit disappointed by the service. Very very busy & was at first told they weren't taking any to-go orders, which was a huge disappointment. With 3 kids at home, there's no way we could have safely endured the wait without having a toddler running all over the restaurant & disturbing everyone. I told them I would just like to place an order & I'm ok to come back in 30min or so to pick up. She checked with manager & ok'd my to-go order. So I just drove around the island while I waited for the order. It was packed! No place to sit. So...get there early! Right as they open! Fish platter, shrimp & fish tacos were all awesome :) beer battered fries too! Highly recommend...just prepare yourself for the crowds if you don't get there right as they open.