The Inn at South Padre
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
US$189
US$136
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$46
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$79
ComfortSuites
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$93
Groupon.com
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
US$52
US$45
US$107
US$104
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
US$157
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswaffleshot tub was niceburner stovekitchen areanight lifebars and restaurantsan older hotelwithin walking distanceenjoy your staybar and grillconvenient locationi highly recommend this hotelmemorial day weekendclean towelsgreat place to staywinter texansromer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel is very clean and family friendly. The staff are all so attentive also. There is a fairly good size pool with a small jacuzzi and also clean. The breakfast is great with a good variety of hot food. Free WiFi! Sure it is a older place but has been taken care of well.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are on the first floor and have the doors open toward the side road. It would make is easier for having to load and unload your luggage to your vehicle.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Older hotel that has not been maintained. Everything appeared to be dated and worn, especially the towels. Seeing this makes me wonder about what else is being neglected. For the rate we paid, i expected more.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Iamadoor
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Pam is the manager and Pam is wonderful. Pam cares about her guests. The staff are very nice. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. The hotel has a great hot breakfast. Free breakfast. Free parking. Free internet. Free Wifi. In the evening, there was a family friendly movie at the swimming pool area. Free coffee 24/7. A gracious and welcoming hotel. New management is working hard to make this hotel look new again, so expect to see renovations here and there.
Hints: I live a few miles from the Island. I avoid the island on spring break. During spring break, the island gets crowded with young people, and every condominium and hotel has to work to keep crowds of spring breakers who are not guests away from the pool and the free breakfast if they serve breakfast. During spring break, expect extra security like wrist bands and door guards at spring break at many places on the island. Off season, the island is a gracious, slow-moving place that is great for older folks like me. The drive-through part in front of the hotel does not directly lead to the hotel parking lot. You have to circle the block to get back to the hotel parking lot. It’s easier to park on the side of the hotel and walk to the lobby. Pam knows great things to do on the island.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view, and got a room on the second floor, facing away from the street. The balcony on my room faced the ocean. It might be better to book a room directly with the hotel instead of getting a Priceline best price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank djfluth
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I got this reservation through a local half price special, so my stay was cheap. Still, the first room they gave me had a toilet that sounded like a screeching truck when it flushed and the safe didn't work. We were given two small pillows per bed so we asked for two extra pillows. We had to ask four times for the pillows. By 11:00 that night (pool closes at 10:00) people were out at the pool, very loud, and staff were not in a hurry to close the pool. Doors didn't close well. It is a very friendly place, but they definitely need to work harder to make this worthy of the "resort" description.

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking the pool or your sleep will be disturbed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We booked this hotel for the weekend before the spring break week in Texas. Although, it was a little pricier than other similar quality hotels in the area, we decided to go with it because it had decent reviews at priceine.com and it was in a good location.

Unfortunately, our experience at the hotel was more than frustrating. We booked the hotel through priceline.com and we paid with our credit card in advance.
The moment we arrived, they announced us that because spring break was coming up, we would have to put a security deposit of $250 and that they force their residents to wear wristbands which they check at the entrance to make sure that no outsiders enter the hotel. And that they charge $15 per person for the wristband!!! We were 4 people, so we would have to pay $60 extra!

The reservation policy I got from priceline.com listed that there was no security deposit and did not mention anything about extra charge for the wristbands. I was OK with the deposit, because I knew we weren't going to break anything, but I though the deal with wristbands was ridiculous and I tried to tell them nicely that we shouldn't be paying for the wristbands, since there was no such agreement when we booked the hotel. They did not agree and after a lot of arguing and frustration we decided to pay for the wristbands, since we had not other option. Needless to say that was just a way for them to make money, because nobody really checked if we were wearing a wristband or not when we were entering the hotel. Out of frustration, I actually never wore mine, but nobody ever cared.

As if all that was not enough, I went to check out, they told us that the room we used (2 queen beds) was supposed to be used by 2 persons but we were 4, and so they would have to charge us $40 more. When I asked them why they did not tell us anything when we checked in, although they saw all four of us and gave us four wristbands to wear, they said that they forgot about it!!

Very rude staff. Never using that hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends