“Ok, Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Harlingen, Tx
“Ok, Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Got there in the evening was going to get a 2nd floor room asked for a 1st floor and they were very accommodating and gave me one. The girl at the front desk was pleasant and made sure myself and my wife were taken care of. The room needed some remodeling as it looked and smelled old, they definitely need to put in a new sofa, new mattress which was somewhat comfortable but not like that of (Suites at Sunchase). The TV was an old style picture tube style TV and was also small. If you want a decent place just to stay at a cheap $35 a night stay then this is it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
jezika21
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

just as you are reading, there was no general lights at the room, only 2 lamps...

the blonde girl at the lobby had an attitude, as soon as i got there she made that moment awkward, very very bad service...
the indina guy was very courteous

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jezika21

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

When we arrived I told the counter clerk that I would pay cash at checkout time and not to charge my credit card. She said that was no problem.
Our room was fair but the shower had a very slow drain so water would accumulate at your feet as you showered. After the first night, housekeeping only left two towels for the next night. We had four towels the first night.
The continental breakfast was very lacking; nothing warm to eat.
The swimming pool could have been cleaner.
When we checked out, I find that my credit card has been charged for our stay. The clerk said I should have paid cash when I arrived. I told her the clerk was not properly trained because I was not informed of this at check-in time.
I will NEVER go there again, no matter how bad we need a room.

Room Tip: I will avoid this place in the future. You can make your own judgment.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CAS027
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Take my advice. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. cockrocockroaches,no towels room was hot. You get what you pay for.looks like the projects. We figured it didn't matter we were just ssleepingthere. Trust me it matters.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank mikecox65
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Dozens of roaches when entered room. Room was filthy. Clerk rude when told. Height of summer season, room was $289 per night. Asked for refund. NON REFUNDABLE, even though I had paid less than 10 minutes earlier (will dispute with charge card). "Breakfast" is in lobby, only six chairs. Parking lot small and crowded. Pool is minuscule. People partying in parking lot. Most disgusting hotel I have ever personally seen. If this had been a TV show I would have thought I was being pranked. Unfortunately, this was reality.

Disgusting! Disgusting! Disgusting!

Room Tip: Disgusting hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank DianaLosAngeles
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

If you book here, don't be surprised if it is overcrowded and the small pool is filled with kids. The "breakfast" is obviously an add-on with three tables and six chairs in the hotel office. Parking was tight and we chose the best option which included the street one night.

WIFI, forget it if you are past the first 10 rooms.

Tub slow to drain.

The staff were friendly, but then again we had no formal complaints.

There is a pet fee per night and any number of people over the room limit is $10/night.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here because of the price, make sure you get a room close to the office if you w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul E
Guymon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

My family & I will Never Come back to this hotel! Our first room had a roach, we told the lady in the front we tried showing her the roach she did not care. She gave us another room. It just now turned into an Econolodge by choice hotels. I'll be writing a review on that site as well. The parking lot was so jammed, pool was dirty. We got a 2queen bds with kitchenette, that was kinda convenient. There So called continental breakfast was a JOKE!! No working ice machine. We usually stay at the Travelodge, which I totally recommend. Our expirence was horrible. Samona, or something like that, not too sure the girl's name. I feel she was careless & RUDE when we told her about the roach. I hated my stay at this hotel of horror!

• Stayed June 2013