“Very nice stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I also can't believe the poor reviews on here. I stayed here for 10 days and had a wonderful stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean and the location was close to everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's not The Ritz, mind you, but for the price it was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 October 2009

I just had a look at the other reviews and was shocked! We didn't have any problems with this place at all, our room was spotlessly clean, included a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, free internet and continental breakfast for $35.99 a night. The continental breakfast is pretty minimal (cereal, bagels, donuts and muffins), and the "hot tub" wasn't very hot, but those were our only complaints, and at that price, it didn't matter. It's about a 5 minute walk to either side of the island (ocean or gulf). It's on the main strip, and there are several very good restaurants within a 10 minute (or less) walk.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank SjBrub
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Decent place to stay if you don't plan to spend all your time at the hotel (and with the beach right down the street, why would you?). Parking lot is somewhat small and full of trucks, but not really a problem when I stayed as occupancy was fairly low. Looks like they did a lot of painting/cleaning/upgrading after Hurricane Dolly, but beds are VERY soft and could lead to backaches.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I've stayed at a few places on SPI, Travelodge, Wanna Wanna and Ramada, but the Days Inn is the best of them and the best value. Booking at the door it was $45 inc tax for a late August stay (and $10 cheaper than hotwire's so called deal at this hotel, so beware of them) The rooms were smart clean and just like in the picture on their website. The bathroom sinks area was particularly pleasant. The free breakfast was simple but more than adequate and the free internet actually works. The much criticized pool was spotless (and pretty large for a hotel of this type) I can only think that, looking at some of the other terrible reviews, that this place has been heavily renovated and redecorated recently (perhaps after Dolly>) because I don't think you'll find a nicer hotel for the price on SPI. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I made reservations a week before booked 2 rooms with King size beds, I was so impressed, we ended up with rooms right in front of the swimming pool which feels heated and a hot tub which also nice. The rooms were brightly decorated in blues and greens, towels folded into sea shells. The bed was so comfortable, the room was very clean, enjoyed it so did my family... To get to the beach you have to cross 2 streets and walk in between buildings. Also the mini-breakfast was ok..But we had a great time...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2009

room is clean. Our first room smells weired. The second room is ok.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank BryantTexas
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I was expecting a dirty and horrible hotel when I got here... but I was pleasantly surprised. The didn't book our other hotel in time so they did not have any open rooms, so we resorted to Days Inn. I am so glad we did. We stayed in the king room and I thought it was great. The floor tile was clean, the room smelt clean, and it was a big room. The bed was very comfortable and the vanity area is really pretty. We liked it so much we booked a 3rd night. The managment could be friendlier, but when it comes to the room, everything was perfect. I'll add photos when I get them on my computer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple