We were looking to stay in a fairly inexpensive hotel on the island. We go to SPI every Dec 28-Jan 1, and we've stayed at Padre South Hotel (the worst), Travelodge, and Pearl South (the best). This year we wanted to spend more $ on other things than accommodations, so we searched for a cheap but clean hotel. This hotel was so great! The rooms we rented were clean and comfy; both were in need of minor repairs and both smelled slightly "beachy" - not a pleasant smell but I expect it from most places near a beach. I kept two candles burning the five days we stayed and never noticed the smell. The service at the hotel was top notch! They were always on top of our every need. The only thing I'd warn future guests of: this hotel is not located near the beach. We always stay in the hotels that have beachfront access, and it seems like the Travelocity description erroneously listed this hotel as being on the beach. I was disappointed when we arrived and found this was not true, but our stay was so pleasant, the short walk to the beach was no big deal at all - it was actually a nice little stroll. The pool and hot tub is nice and, unlike many hotels, is open very late - pretty much all night. It's situated away from the rooms - the parking lot and drive-way separate the pool area from the rooms so guests who want to swim late would have to work hard to disturb sleeping guests. They offer a standard continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel if you want clean, inexpensive accommodations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your South Padre Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Limited - South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Ramada South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Ramada
- South Padre Island Inn Texas