“Ok hotel, good value”

South Padre Island Inn
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 7 June 2008

Stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. Reasonable room, clean and tidy, all amenities. Handy for beach, bars and restaurants. Pleasant staff. Small but ok pool. Don't see what people have to complain about. For the price it was fine for what we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank ianjamesLondon

Reviewed 26 May 2008

Stayed Memorial weekend 2008. Got decent rates through AAA. Hotel is average. Room smelled musty when we entered. We stayed in physically disabled room but didn't need the amenities. Room had microwave and frig with 2 double beds. A decent room to stay in when you won't be there all day.

1  Thank viperdiver
Reviewed 16 May 2008

i got booked into thiis hotel through my timeshare program which by the way are terrible as well. they always told me since ibought a 5 stare property timeshare that i will stay in 5 star properties. wrong . anyway this hotel smelled like mold meldew whatever and being there with 2 small children for a week i dont think it was healthy. the laundry room smelled like they dad dead carcases hidden in there i wanted to vomit everytime i had to throw something out since the bigger trash can was there. the room didnt look like how it did in the picture i dont recommend this hotel how sad that the motel 8 was better looking and cleaner thatn the ramada which is a better brand u would think

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank muhaya
Seeyouaround, Manager at South Padre Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2008

We are a two star hotel and limited service. I am sorry if you did not realize this. The "Super 8" you speak of is a one star! I appologize for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed 23 February 2008

Like several others, we arrived early... no problem. Our room was ready.
Nice, clean, spacious room. Comfortable bed. Large bath towels. Fridge & mircowave came in handy. Wireless internet worked great, large variety of cable channels. A/C did it's job.
Continental breakfast offered waffles, good coffee, juices, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, donuts, bagels, cereal, etc. (more than enough to fill you up).
Small but clean laundry room upstairs in front had one washer/one dryer (but I did my laundry later in the evening, so no problem).
We had nice chats with "neighboring" guests.
I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.
Great value!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monaco2005
Reviewed 4 January 2008

My son & I went to South Padre Island for a short vacation & we stayed at Ramada limited Hotel for 5 days. The people at the desk werevery friendly. We arrived a little early but had no ploblem in getting a good room. The room was clean. The whole atmosphere was pleasing & good. The breakfast was good & we had hot waffles every morning.
The beautiful sandy beach is gorgeous & beautiful which is just 2 blocks away from the hotel. The sea is calm.
There are a number of eating places, Bars & grills very close to the hotel. Sea food is good.
I would recomend visitors to stay at this hotel.
There is a Free shuttle running from 7am to 7pm & goes accross the bridge/causeway to Fort Isabel & beyond. It is good for travellers coming to the Island from Brownsville air port. The air port shuttle connects to the Free shullte to South Padre Island.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank LCMISS
Reviewed 5 September 2007

My family and I had a great stay. The rooms were clean and maid service cleaned very well. The amenities were good. The micro and fridge came in handy and worked great . The a/c cooled as expected. No rodnets/roaches or bugs of anykind. The pool is small. The dryer was not working on the bottom floor. But other than that no problems. The breakfast was what you expect and the staff was very helpful and polite. Overall very clean and pleasant motel.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2007

I was worried at first because I read all the reviews but it was the cheapest most decent I found on the internet. I'm glad I went ahead and picked it because it was not bad at all. We got to check in early. The room was clean. I didn't see any roaches. Free WIFI. A/c was cool and working. The hotel was actually on the bay side area. So you do have to drive to the beach, well you can walk but you have to cross the street. Oh yeah the only way you can get fresh clean towels is if you bring the used ones to the front desk. The hotel staff is nice except that I made a complaint about the room next to me and they told me to call that room number and speak with them instead. I decided to let it go. Another problem was during our 3rd night, our card key wouldnt open the door so I had to go to the front desk and have them rescan it. The only worst thing was seeing a spider crawling on the ceiling. Other than that the stay was good and I would probably stay there again...

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple