We came during off season for our first visit to SPI and got a great rate of $31.20/night for a room with a king sized bed for two.
I was pleased at what we got for the price: big room with bed, sofa, desk, TV with lots of channels, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, free breakfast (think fresh waffles, coffee, juice, bagels, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal), pool & hot tub. Parking wasn't an issue for us - but I was told it can fill up on full weekends. I am not sure why another reviewer didn't feel safe leaving the car in the lot -- this area seemed pretty safe to me, and the main parking spaces are straight in and not overly crowded together.
The hotel is pretty centrally located with plenty of nearby shops and food, or just a short drive to attractions such as Isla Blanca or Sea Turtles, Inc. The beach is only two blocks and easily accessible on foot.
We had a quiet, restful stay and I would definitely stay here again. We didn't encounter any noisy/obnoxious neighbors and had restful nights of sleep in the big king sized bed in 204 without interruption. I can't speak for the difference in price or madness during peak season, but it was well worth the price that we paid for it and we're glad that the negative reviews did not deter us from giving the place a shot.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your South Padre Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Limited - South Padre Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Ramada South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Ramada
- South Padre Island Inn Texas