“TOTALLY NASTY & GROSS!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Padre Island Inn

South Padre Island Inn
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
houston, texas
“TOTALLY NASTY & GROSS!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

What a way to ruin a family fun trip! We checked into our room (facing the back road with suspicious characters nearby ) and upon check-in noticed several stains on the bed spread. Also, the room smelled very musty. The a/c leaked onto the carpet which contributed to the musty smell After speaking with the manager we were offered other rooms, but after a brief walk through of various rooms (with a hotel representative) we decline to move as those rooms also had soiled bedding with mysterious stains. Finally, they offered to "just wash" the linen. After attempting to rest for the evening, I noticed how dirty my little guy socks were. The following morning I spoke with the front desk lady & showed her the black stained "white socks" my son wore. The front desk lady and manager both said the carpets were shampooed a month prior to my arrival. I found their responses unbelievable as I showed them pics of my room with dust in & around the carpet edges. Mr. Weiss offered to steam-clean the carpet. I repetitiously informed Mr. Weiss that the uncleanliness was unacceptable. With an unconcern disposition, his only response to my issues was, "well, I don't understand what you want me to do". At that point, I immediately went back to my room, gathered my family, and checked out. This is a health hazard and the health department will be contacted.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ChrisFairy75
Seeyouaround, General Manager at South Padre Island Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2009
Shortly after you checked in you did report to the front desk that there were suspicious characters walking around (on South Padre Island? I thought to myself) and met you personally and we walked around to look together and saw no one. You then told me that there had been someone sitting under a tree with a dog and I "suggested" that this would not be anything to be overly concerned about. The following day you complained that your son's socks were black and that even though he had been walking around outside, that they should not have turned black and so the carpet must be cleaned, which we agreed to do. What I said to you was that it made me very sad that no matter what we did, you were just not going to be happy, after which you checked out!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Allis, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

My sister and I fly down to South Padre each February, pick up the parents (81 and 88), and stay for a week, or so, on the Island. Normally, we try to find a place on the coast, but were fortunate to have the opportunity to stay at this Ramada, this year. Their rates were nearly one half of what some of the other motels were charging. The Continental Breakfsts were clean and well stocked, and probably saved us $200 over eating breakfast at a restaurant.

Everything we could possibly want was provided for us, whether it be extra towels when needed, or the offer to print a boarding pass for a flight out. The rooms are also some of the quietest that we have encountered in the last 20 years of visiting South Padre, as the ceilings appear to be Span Crete, and the walls appear to be pured cement.

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank KipperWestAllis_WI
Seeyouaround, General Manager at South Padre Island Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2009
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate having been able to serve you and are please that we were able to meet or exceed your expectations. I hope to see you again on South Padre Island!
Willmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

Rooms were good sized and clean. They have a very cordial staff. We certainly would stay there again if we return to South Padre Island. Breakfast was good with Belgian waffles and hard boiled eggs, and more.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MnSharon
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

The room is probably clean enough for most people. The room had a musty, stale smell, which might be due to the moist warm climate along the coast. The front desk gal was very friendly and helpful on restaurant ideas. The mattress was OK. The breakfast had a good selection of food. Overall, a good value for the price.

• Liked — Good Value
  • Stayed January 2009
Odenton, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Ltd. which was located on the bayside. Seemed like an older motel, but the price was right. They gave a free breakfast which included waffles made to order, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, mini bagels, cereal, juice, coffee. Free USA Today in the lobby. Room was average; had two queen size beds and a microwave and refrigerator. Beds were comfortable. Rooms didn't have any view. The floor trim on the wall in the vanity area was falling off, which was probably due to water damage from last year's hurricane. Receptionists were nice and let us print our departure boarding passes. You had a short walk across Padre Blvd. to get to the ocean beach access - about 1 1/2 blocks. Bay was one block the other way. Pool was clean, but the jacuzzi jets had no pressure. No fitness room (it is a Limited). Weather was beautiful. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, it will serve your purpose. We averaged about $49 per night. We booked directly with the hotel and remember this includes a 13% tax. If you book via websites like expedia.com or travelocity, they may not include some taxes or fees.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

Got this hotel for $35 + tax over the New Years Eve holiday to ring in 2009. Considering the prices elsewhere that was a steal. The Motel 6 next door was advertizing 59-79 but had damage and was being remodeled. This hotel was very nice. They have a clean pool and a nice hot tub. Lots of elderly people there but they didnt give us much trouble even though we were loud and used the hot tub after hours while enjoying a beverage. We werent hurting anyone so i respected this. Breakfast was okay. Rooms were nice and comfy and staff was helpful. About 2-3 blocks to the beach and 7-8 from Louie's Backyard which was a great time to ring in 2009. Would definately stay here again as for the money it was a great deal.

G Rizzle

• Liked — Location, price, breakfast, hot tub
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

This is not an amazing hotel, but acomplishes its function, as you know young people in south Padre only needs the Hotel to sleep.

Nice rooms, friendly staff and breakfast... well I can say it is the same I have had at some other cheap hotels but a little bit better. Just the breakfast area was very very small.

I recommend you to try this place.

• Liked — Clean, well located and parking spaces
  • Disliked — No early check in, no beach
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nunezjorge88