“Breakfast Buffet...it is what it is”

Parrot Eyes Restaurant Bar & Water Sports
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We went to Parrot Eyes for Breakfast after seeing that the Grapevine had a line running out the door. It was a basic buffet, with 3 types of scrambled eggs, potatoes, refried beans, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and limited fresh fruit.

The eggs were good (all 3 types), the saugsage and bacon were both fine, but have you really ever had a bad piece of bacon?...lol. The potatoes were also fine but nothing special. It was downhill from there though. The biscuits were either from frozen or canned, the gravy was made from gravy mix (definately not home made) and the refried beans were more like a gravy than refried beans. I will say the salsa rocked though...some of the best on the island. What really soured me on this place though,were two details: 1) My cup of coffee, although decent tasting was full of grounds, and 2) The service was terrible. Had they been extremely busy or short handed I could have excused this, but they seemed to have plenty of folks and they were no where near full. One final knock is, if you go there for breakfast your only choice is the buffet.

Long story short, if your hungry, they have decenet breakfast food for about $8-$10 per head, drive out. But if your hungry, PICKY about your food, and like good service than try someplace else. We WILL be back to the Island...but we wont be back to Parrot Eyes. I will say, thats its possible I caught them on a bad day.

There are newer reviews for Parrot Eyes Restaurant Bar & Water Sports

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Went here at the end of our trip sea food'ed out. Went with chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes were instant but tasty. Chicken fettechi was awesome. Sat on the patio and enjoyed the hammocj

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Loved the live music, deck sitting area, decor etc. Fun place to to go as a family. Food was just ok.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We went for dinner & drinks and ended up just having the half order of nachos & drinks. The half order was more than enough for my wife & I for dinner. The beers were reasonably priced (nachos & 2 beers were less than $15). The patio & live music was nice but don't sit too close to Martini the parrot if you want to hear the music.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

The restaurant is so close to the strip you wouldn't think it would have a water view; but it does. On our trip, we were lucky enough to sit right next to the bay. I was offered something called a Paralyzer (with enough Rum to make me think they had named it appropriately) but I had enough sence to decline. I had a long island iced tea instead. The long island was well priced for the size of the glass. The thing that stood out about this particular restraunt was it's service and quality. Both the kind lady that sat us and our waitress recommended the fish tacos. I had come for a steak, but after taking in the beautiful atomosphere, decided to try something new. I was not steered incorrectly. The fish tacos (yes you heard me correctly) were AMAZING. I really wanted to mention my server before now. Sharon, a fun loving, free spirit who was always there to help was the perfect compliment to the evening. The highest of complements to her. If you have the opportunity - GET SHARON! She makes a vacation on the island feel exactly like a vacation on the island effortlessly.