“Eat here!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We ended up here after another restaurant had a LONG wait. We got right in and they had live music which was a real nice addition to the atmosphere. There was a variety of food and the shrimp tasted fresh. We also tried the sesame shrimp, which I surprisingly liked with their sauce. We had a large group and they were attentive. Not only did our waiter come by, but other wait staff came over when drinks started to get low or to clear off finished plates. Afterwards we had a pretty view of the sunset and snapped some real nice photos, just to the side of the reataurant. When we visit, we'll come back here for sure.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

My family of 4 decided to do something different. We chose to go Parasailing. We started with only 2 participants myself and 14 year old son. Our guide was very fun although I forgot his name, he was a dark haired dude. My son went first, his facial expression on his way back in was PRICELESS. He really enjoyed the ride. He said it was a great experience and he felt very small going over the island. Very unusual for a kid known as Giant. My eight year old daughter very scared at first opted to take on the adventure. She too enjoyed the ride on a double with me. We will be visiting again, and will deffinately return to Parrot Eyes!!!! Thanks guys.... -Dallas

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We went to Parrot Eyes for Breakfast after seeing that the Grapevine had a line running out the door. It was a basic buffet, with 3 types of scrambled eggs, potatoes, refried beans, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and limited fresh fruit.

The eggs were good (all 3 types), the saugsage and bacon were both fine, but have you really ever had a bad piece of bacon?...lol. The potatoes were also fine but nothing special. It was downhill from there though. The biscuits were either from frozen or canned, the gravy was made from gravy mix (definately not home made) and the refried beans were more like a gravy than refried beans. I will say the salsa rocked though...some of the best on the island. What really soured me on this place though,were two details: 1) My cup of coffee, although decent tasting was full of grounds, and 2) The service was terrible. Had they been extremely busy or short handed I could have excused this, but they seemed to have plenty of folks and they were no where near full. One final knock is, if you go there for breakfast your only choice is the buffet.

Long story short, if your hungry, they have decenet breakfast food for about $8-$10 per head, drive out. But if your hungry, PICKY about your food, and like good service than try someplace else. We WILL be back to the Island...but we wont be back to Parrot Eyes. I will say, thats its possible I caught them on a bad day.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Went here at the end of our trip sea food'ed out. Went with chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes were instant but tasty. Chicken fettechi was awesome. Sat on the patio and enjoyed the hammocj

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Loved the live music, deck sitting area, decor etc. Fun place to to go as a family. Food was just ok.