“Best Fish Tacos!”

Parrot Eyes Restaurant Bar & Water Sports
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Best Fish Tacos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Parrot Eyes restaurant is located near the convention center, and is great. They have 2 large parrots in cages that can entertain the kids while you wait for your food. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal. The Fish Tacos were the best ever. Price is very reasonable too.

Visited June 2011

“Would never waste my time or money there again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Service started out ok but didn't want a drink and was told " whatever floats your boat" really rude did it for me. Hamburger was soggy and seafood platter was running with grease. Don't waste ur money!!

Aubrey, Texas
“Service suckssssssss food so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We went in and were seated. I ordered Dr. Pepper and then was told they were out. Then I ordered a root beer but you could see through it. It was also out of syrup. So I ordered a maragarita. it was good. we ordered our food. My husband ordered beef fajitas and was told only 2 flour tortillas come with it. So when this huge plate of fajita meat and onions came out we asked for 2 more tortillas, we were told that they would check, then they brought them at for a charge of $1.75, Then we asked for salsa for the fajitas.We had already ordered chips and queso. We were charged for the salsa $2.99. In the middle of our meal the waiter dropped of the ticket. Never asked did we need anything else. So I set the ticket to the side. He picked it up and went away and then realized that I had not paid yet and brougt it back to the table. I told him we would like another margarita. He rolled his eyes came back with that and the ticket again, I would have ordered cake but thought it might just be another issue so I paid and we left. My husbands fajitas were way over cooked and had very little flavor. too bad.

• Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Best place for parasailing - Fish tacos are good, too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We ended up choosing Parrot Eyes for parasailing after a local told us it was the safest company to use. It's the only parasailing place that launches you from a platform in the middle of a bay, instead of off the boat by the bridge + power wires.

The captain of the boat seemed very knowledgeable and carefully explained what we needed to do at each step. Turns out he has more than twenty years' experience with parasailers. He double-checked our weights to make sure the right parachutes and harnesses were prepared, and when he was launching and landing the other parasailers, we watched as his helpers examined every chute before and after.

As a bonus, on-boat observers only cost $10 each here, so for us that fully offset the slightly higher parasailing price compared to other companies.

We had dinner afterward and the fish tacos were slightly oversalted (too much Tony Cachere's creole seasoning) but quite tasty nonetheless. The server was very friendly. He was new but basically had another server observing and helping him at every step, which speaks well of the management style. I would definitely come back.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank MissLanguage
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We ended up here after another restaurant had a LONG wait. We got right in and they had live music which was a real nice addition to the atmosphere. There was a variety of food and the shrimp tasted fresh. We also tried the sesame shrimp, which I surprisingly liked with their sauce. We had a large group and they were attentive. Not only did our waiter come by, but other wait staff came over when drinks started to get low or to clear off finished plates. Afterwards we had a pretty view of the sunset and snapped some real nice photos, just to the side of the reataurant. When we visit, we'll come back here for sure.