“Not a repeat visitor”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had dinner on Saturday night at Parrot Eyes. The only good thing to say is the service was good. We asked for an order of guacamole and we given one scoop for 6.95. Mentioned it to the waiter and he was embarassed, as well. He said that is what he was given. The sandwiches were umremarkable. There were 2 slices of thin lunch meat. For 50 year old man, it seemed like a kid's sandwich. The shrimp quesidallas were ok..but overpriced. $50 flor dinner. We have had wonderful dinners for that price. Disappointed.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The patio view is awesome. The pina colada was decent but, food is typical bar food. Nothing fancy but, the view...

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We love to go every time we go to south padre, this has become one of our favorite spots on the bay side area. i always seem to be drawn to the shrimp Alfredo and I've never been let down. always great shrimp blacken of course! my son always get the chicken tenders, on the little parrot menu, and they always give a good amount of fries and the tenders are pretty big for a kids menu item! my husband has gotten the chicken fried chicken and always seems to enjoy it even more everything he has ordered it! we always sit out on the deck, and in the evening it just seems to be the perfect place to eat and enjoy the rest of the day. sunset and the water there are a great combination together. i have no complaints staff is always asking how they can help us and if we need anything else. i always seem to have a full glass of whatever I'm drinking. also on the side note my son loves the birds there, of course parrots.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ate here a couple years ago and I remembered how great the fish tacos were, so we returned. We just got back from a trip and the fish tacos are the best. My husband ordered them as well and was surprised at how wonderful they are. Just the right amount of everything. $10 for the plate, 3 tacos, rice and a cup of amazing beans. We went twice, and ordered the same thing both times. The restaurant is right on the bay and very relaxing to eat and watch the water. It's a great place!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We started off a little slow because the waiter suggested chips and queso as an appetizer and when it came out, it was really just Velveeta and Rotel, nothing special. So my friend ordered a salad with her meal and it looks like a piece of lettuce with a tomato.

When the food came, we were pleasantly surprise. I had blackened fish tacos and my friend had the fish platter. Our food was well seasoned and decent portion size. Drinks were delicious!

Also, it had nice view and there is a parrot outside who can be entertaining.