My wife and I made reservations to stay here for four nights but checked out after the first after having "uneasy" feelings from the first night's stay. We chose this hotel based on some very positive reviews from this site. First, upon reaching the hotel, we found it difficult to find the entrance and parking area. The front desk duty person was less than friendly. I requested that instead of getting Choice Privilege points for our stay, I preferred Southwest Rapid Reward points since there was currently a promotion doubling the points. The front desk person did not know how that could be done so he called Choice Privleges while we were there. At the time, we did not get a satisfactory answer. The hotel is strangely arranged. The rooms are large and generally clean. We did notice some black marks in the carpet that might have been from tar. This could have been due to all the renovation that is going on in the hotel. We were also placed on the fourth floor which was very near the night club that had live music for 2-3 hrs. We did call the front desk with a concern for being placed on the same floor near the live music. They did agree to move us but since it was already late, we said we'd wait until the next morning. We also felt a little eery since we seemed to be the only ones at the hotel other than another couple that night and the parking garage level where we parked our car was not lighted nor was the entry door secured allowing people from the outside to enter freely 24 hours a day. I'm guessing this is probably due to the night club being on the fourth floor. Instead of moving to another room, we checked out the next morning and found another hotel. The front desk staff the next morning was much more friendly and had no problems with our checking out early. I did call Choice Privileges after returning home and it does appear that we will receive our Southwest Rapid Rewards Points. In conclusion, this facility did not end up being what I had perceived it was based on reviews I had read here. I suppose if we were more into the night club scene, we might have a more favorable opinion. Also, unlike most, in fact all of the Choice Hotel's where we've stayed in the past, this one does not provide even a continental breakfast. Maybe after all the renovation is completed it will be a more attractive place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 87 wonderful suites to choose from. We are 2 blocks from the beach and in walking distance to restaurants and shopping. We have a wonderful pool and hot tub. All rooms have flat screen TVs, microwave, cooler and wet bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites at Sunchase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Sunchase Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel At Sunchase
- Suites At Sunchase South Padre Island, Texas