La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$222
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$236
US$221
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$240
US$187
US$168
Hotels.com
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$312
US$301
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$147
Priceline
The Palms Resort(South Padre Island)
US$164
US$267
US$232
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$291
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble kingrooms are spacious and cleancovered parkinglarge bathroomother hotelswould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againaliciapadrespicvs
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was disappointed in our stay at the Suites at Sunchase in South Padre Island. This used to be a mall at one time, so the hallways are quite unique!! The small pool faces the street which is very busy. Our room was quite large, but was very lacking. There as no waste can in the room, only in the bathroom. So apple cores and orange peels went into the bathroom trash can. The one standard window we had only had a window blind, no blackout curtains or any curtains at all, so all the light from the adjacent hotel (Sunchase) came into our room. We had a handicap room, but there were no safety bars anywhere in the bathroom. The shower was accessible by wheelchair, but all the water ran out into the floor making it very messy, but more importantly very slippery! The most disappointing of all is that the beach access is two (2 1/2) blocks away. The hotel is situated very close to the beach, but not accessable to the Suites at Sunchase guests! Overall, I will not every consider this stay again.

Room Tip: Ask about beach access
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank campi4
Reviewed 18 August 2012

First room cockroach infested! Second room 1 ac unit hanging off the wall the other blowing warm air! Third room wet patch on carpet in front of ac unit, not hot water on one of the mornings, following day hot water brown! No wifi in the rooms, cable Internet not working. We raised all these issues and was offer a $20 discount at the Resturant !! I don't think so..

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel appeared to be one of the finest on the island, however, that is so far from the truth. The rooms are extra large, but that is not neccissarily a good thing. There is tons of dead space in the room. The carpet is dirty, the bedsheets were old, the room was musty, and I found 2 silver-fish on the carpet by the bed. Additionally, the air conditioner is undersized for the size of the room and is located right next to the bed, so if you sleep on the side of the bed closest to the A/C, you are frozen, the rest of the room is warm, at best. The layout of the room is strange. The building used to be a shopping mall and they converted the defunct mall into a hotel. So the designers tried to fit hotel rooms into the layout of the old building. Didn't work IMO. The walls are very thin and you can hear anything coming out of the next room very clearly. Hotel is understaffed and workers are over-worked. They are not ready to help you with anything. If you end up at the end of the hall way, you will walk a substantial distance to your room from the elevator, due to my reason as stated above (previously a mall). Swimming pool is located in front of the hotel, right in front of the main road on the island, so you see and hear traffic as you are in the pool. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closet to the elevator to avoid a very long walk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank mlh1075
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here Summer 2011 and I wrote a review elsewhere. I might as well write one here for you all too. The hotel room was a 2 Queen with no views at the 4th floor. We came on a weekend so the pool bar was closed. There were no complimentary towels to use for the pool, so you had to use the towels you just used in your room or at the beach! I felt this was bothersome. The sink in the room's mini kitchen had hot water, but the shower did NOT. It was an awkward shower. I have been searching for rooms this year, and I thought about giving it another chance, but overall I do not want to live lower than I do at home. So I just booked a different hotel. We had no problems with Comfort Suites who is their sister in the corporation. So if you can do the extra $50 for no problems, do it. Also, the staff was rude. The elevator I rode in back then hadn't been serviced since 2010 which is against the law. So if you do stay here, check that as well to see if it has been updated in 2012. One more thing. The views of the bay's sunset was amazing from the lobby area of the 4th floor. I got some pretty amazing pictures there.

Room Tip: Stay away from 4th floor, with the 4 couch living area towards the back. People sat here at midnight eating and making all sorts of noise till 1am. It was very annoying. I had to call front desk to quiet them down.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank herheartsdelight
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have never ever wrote a review, let alone a BAD review because I like to be objective and not emotional. Even after reading the negative reviews prior to arriving, I was willing to give it a try especially since we already purchased and booked three suites from travelzoo. That said, I did not mention to my teenagers what I read because I did not want to give them a preconceived notion of what to expect. 1st night , our room- long hair strands in bed ( i have short hair) and air conditioner leaking in floor creating a hazardous puddle of water. Manager moves us to another room which smelled like it had a sewage backup, rust coming out of the nozzle when turning on water in sink and very low water pressure in the shower. Also had a stained carpet. 1st night, my teenagers room, said there were gnats all over the room and in there clothes. I didn't even mention the trip advisor reviews. By the 2nd night they said it got worst and was moved to another room. The 3rd room we had with my mother in law may have been okay as she did not complain. I will say this. If you want to be close to the beach, it is within walking distance. This may be good for teenagers who aren't concerned with quality and just want a place to put there stuff in a room....or not....

• Stayed: August 2012