Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
US$167
US$115
Hotels.com
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$51
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$105
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$79
ComfortSuites
US$58
US$50
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
Travelocity
US$98
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$93
Groupon.com
South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$92
Travelocity
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
US$268
US$220
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,649 results
All reviewsjunior suitelarge poolfriday and saturday nightpartial ocean viewconvention centerhotel restaurantbeach accessgreat poolbirding centerthe north endpool areaocean frontspring breakbring your ownoff seasonhgibalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband & I spent 4 nights here celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We loved almost everything...location on the north end of the island was great (beaches were MUCH less crowded, minimal
traffic & noise, etc.). It's on the beach so access to the water was perfect. The pool area is fabulous...huge pool with a great kiddie pool & TONS of covered seating. The hotel itself is new so it was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Staff was excellent. Breakfast is huge, buffet-style with something for everyone and only $10.00.

Our only complaint is that the walls are rather thin and we were there when LOTS of families were there, and apparently kids without a lot of adult supervision. Kids next door were loud, slamming room doors, etc., until after 1:00 in the morning but management was responsive when calls to the room went unanswered.

Overall, it was a terrific stay and we will absolutely return, and recommend the hotel to others! One suggestion - consider spending a little more for the full ocean view so you can get the breeze,
otherwise it's too hot to enjoy the balcony.

Room Tip: Splurge on the full ocean view to really enjoy the balcony!
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We were very pleased with this hotel... easily the nicest we've stayed at on SPI. The property is new, the location is great, and the staff was friendly.

The location is great... further north than most properties, but a very short drive to most restaurants. There are currently no properties immediately north of the hotel, which makes for a nice beach area.

Our room was spacious, and had a huge balcony (all rooms have the same, from what we could tell). The beds were very comfortable, the shower was great, and the air conditioner was superb (how nice to stay at a hotel where they don't limit the temperature setting). Wireless internet was free.

Despite a constant stream of wet and sandy guests returning from the beach, the lobby was always kept spotless. The hotel restaurant was very popular -- we ate breakfast and lunch there, and both were very good.

Our only complaints were the shortage of TV channels (I believe there were only 10-15 of them), and the hotel could use 1 or 2 more elevators.

Very highly recommended... this is definitely where we'll stay the next time we visit SPI!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I am sitting here at the HIlton Garden Inn as I write this review. The first night, my husband and I were given a room in which the view was a wall. When I asked to be upgraded they said it was the room I was assigned because I was using points. How's that for being a "valuable Hilton Honors member?" When I mentioned I was paying for two nights with our own cash, they reassigned us to a room that undoubtably was hosting a continual track meet. in the room above us. We did not complain UNTIL tonight when the wedding in the ballroom started shaking the floor and all of the walls with the music so loud that we are simply past miserable. When my husband and others on the floor went down to complain, the manager offered to comp. the room for another guest but said he wouldn't comp. us (remember I used points for only two nights of the four nights).So basically, I am not feeling valued and everyone should note that the walls here as well as the floors and ceilings are paper thin. Do not stay here!!!!!!

12  Thank Dalenkat
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The aesthetics of the hotel are great. The rooms are nice and so is the pool and beach. What really gets me wondering about this hotel is the service and the staff... I booked for a king size partial view room as far away from the ballroom as possible, and I got a two queen size bed room on the third floor right above the ballroom with the partial view, one out of three, right? I didn't complain because I was here to enjoy and I didn't want to argue. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Now I don't like room service until I leave, so when I ask for extra towels and a roll of toilet paper, they told me they'd send it over and it never came. Suddenly I hear the room service ladies outside and ask them for the stuff and they keep insisting to do room service. Isn't that MY choice? The bartender was slow as hell and apparently had trouble figuring out how to do a jhonny walker with club soda (there's another bartender, had a mustache and thick eyebrows, no glasses, he was good, but the one with glasses is the one I'm talking about), after he got it done, the drink tasted as if there was no Johnny! I gotta say, if you avoid the staff and just do your thing, I think this is a good hotel, but fancy people beware!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank KingDarunia
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I took a short two day trip to South Padre. We were contemplating several hotels in the area, specifically the resorts and upper level hotels. Now, I'm not a luxury only person, but i'm used to staying in very nice hotels when I travel, so I was worried about the hotels available on the island. After reading a lot of reviews on this website - I figured this hotel would be the best. The price was very good - I know some days it's in the 200+/night, but we waited and found a good option of 135/night on the hilton website and jumped on it! I was not dissapointed at all!!!

Driving in, once I saw how all the other hotels looked, I was so glad I picked this hotel. A lot of the others are run down and not near the beach.

The hotel is beautiful - We stayed at the regular King room, no ocean view. The bed was great, the shower is stand up, no bath, which was wonderful. The TV was new, flat screen about 30' and the room comes with all the amentities you would need. Microwave, Fridge, Coffee Maker, Iron +board, Hairdryer and toiletries (which is normal). I did not mind not having an ocean view at all, because there is a patio with chairs on it, so you can relax and sit outside if you need to. There is a business center in the lobby which has several computers and a printer in case you buy tickets online and need to print or anything like that. There is free Wi-fi in the rooms.

There is a beautiful pool area with tons of chairs and umbrellas. The pool area did not look as nice in the pictures as it did in person. We lounged at the pool and there are even waitresses that will take your drink orders. We had a pitcher of pink lemonade bacardi mixed drink and although it was very refreshing with lots of ice- It wasn't very strong. It felt like we were at a resort, and it wasn't too packed at all- I will advise we did travel on a sunday-tuesday, so it may be more busy on a weekend. Then right behind the pool is a ramp that takes you straight to the beach! When i looked on the website it looked like a long ramp, but it's actually very short and then you are right on the beach. The hotel also has fan in the lobby directed at the floor in case people track in water from the pool, they will not slip.

The staff was great! One thing I may advise is to ask for more towels, they only give you two shower sized towels in your room, but many other hand towels and washcloths.

There is a representative for Breakaway cruises in the hotel lobby all the time, which offers great fishing trips, parasailing and dolphin tours. We did the fishing and it was amazing! I was so glad that the rep was in the hotel so we didn't have to go buy tickets in person and could actually get more information before purchasing.

The hotel actually had free samples of austrailian gold sunscreen which I thought was so responsible since people usually forget that stuff. We had sunscreen but used some and it smells great - i will definitely be buying my own.

The sea turtle museum was literally across the street from the hotel (as was the nature center and convention center), but unfortunately was closed on Monday - which I thought should be advertised more around town - A lot of small businesses etc are closed on Monday, bagel shops, stores, restaurants. I'm not sure why, maybe it is their normal person's sunday? But the big stores and restaurants were open on Monday.

We did not eat at the hotel, but their room service is relatively cheap and they have a buffet breakfast in the morning for $9.95 - I'm not a buffet person I just don't eat that much and usually do not spend that much for breakfast, so we went down the street and got something. There are several restaurants, CVS, fast food etc in the area, so you don't have to eat out you can go to the stores as well.

There is also a store in the hotel that sells necessities, ice cream, microwave meals and beer/cokes. It's very convenient in case you forgot something.

I will say that they will charge your card a little more until you check out. For example our room was $135, with taxes about $148, but they held $171 on our card. Once we checked out the pending $171, posted as $148, so it worked out- there were no issues whatsoever.

Overall, if I came back to south padre I would not hesistate to stay at this hotel again, even if it was a little more expensive because it's definitely worth it.

5  Thank lilyintx