“DISAPPOINTED BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.”

Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Harlingen, Texas
“DISAPPOINTED BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Customer Service was terrible. No people skills im a diamond and no complimentary waters nothing. The only thing I called into the room was that they needed another credit card.However, the suite that I got was great. I dont know if I will ever go back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Dalia306
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear guest,

We are truly embarrassed to hear about your experience staying with us. Our front desk does offer complimentary water and I apologize that they didn’t offer you any. We are glad you like the suite but disappointed we failed provide excellent customer service you were hoping for. We apologize for everything less than you expected and hope you will consider us the next time you’re in South Padre Island.

Aaron R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Korean first
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great Hilton with the usual that I expect,,,,Beautifully furnished, important amenities pool, spa and dramatic water feature, including a restaurant and bar. HGI at SPI is wonderful like a slice of paradise. DH and I are having a great experience with excellent service and friendly staff, fun layout too------once we figured it out. (Take the front elevators for the restaurant/bar and lobby, the back elevators are handy from the pool and close to laundry/ice/vending) rooms were clean and well appointed with a Keurig (bring ur fav k-cups) We have a few more days here and are already planning a return!

Room Tip: Junior suite was too much room for us two, save your money, and if you do oceanfront for the view ge...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T C
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a quality review of your experience staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on SPI. We appreciate all your complements about our amenities and pleased they contributed to your enjoyable vacation. It’s wonderful to read you’re already planning your return! Next year will be even better but until then take care.

Best,
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I am extremely unhappy with our recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at South Padre Island on 1/10 and 1/11. I had made reservation under my name and my debit card months in advance. When we arrived I showed the girl my driver's license and my Debit Bank Card. She had me sign a piece of paper stating that our rate was $39.00 a night. When we got to our room, the internet wasn't working so I called downstairs. They kept trying to tell me I was Peter Hoeffer or something like that. I argued with her until I said, Okay, I'll just use that last name to get on the internet. Our air did not work--the room was 80 degrees. Then within 5 minutes the desk called and said that they had made a mistake and we were not Peter whatever his last name was. Then they proceeded to charge our stay plus Peter's to my bank account. It's already been subtracted and they tell me that it's really not! I'm looking at my bank statement. They can charge your bank in 1 minute, but when they make a mistake it takes 7 days to have it placed back in your account. This makes no sense. I will never stay there again. Arguing with them is like talking to a wall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank Laurie M
Dear Laurie,

We deeply apologize for the mix up you had upon check in. It was an honest mistake on our part and we understand your frustration dealing with something you shouldn’t have too. We are sorry about the credit card issue; it really takes a couple days for a full refund. If we could refund you faster we would have however, we do recognize that this inconvenience shouldn’t have even happened. We hope you will give us another shot to prove we are the very best hotel on South Padre Island.

McAllen Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My daughter and I came to Padre so I could show her the beach. Our room was beautiful and so comfortable and clean. This is the first time I have stayed at the Hilton. It is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Hello Pearl,

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to write an outstanding review of your first experience at the Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island. We’re overjoyed you and your daughter got to see our beautiful beach and had a wonderful experience doing so. We’re glad to have exceeded your expectations and hope you will keep us in mind the next time you visit South Padre Island.

Best regards,
silverton, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We met another family in south padre and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We had junior sweets with ocean views. AMAZING.. The breakfast were Outstanding with custom orders and omelets to order. Dinner menus well priced for gourmet food. Its so nice you just want to hang in the hotel. What a TREAT...kids loved it too. easy access to beach and great pools

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Sheri P
Greetings Sheri,

We can’t thank you enough for your exceptional review of your stay with us! It’s exciting to read you loved your ocean view, our breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s good to know you and your family had a blast in South Padre Island even the kids. Thank you for choosing us we really appreciate it! See ya’ll the next time!

Best,
Denver, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn on South Padre Island cannot be beat for the amenities, location, and what the hotel overall offers. It is situated right on the beach and has everything you need to enjoy the island. My trip was a solo personal one and my family and I will be returning in March (non spring break) for a week. We can hardly wait

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Eric T
Hello Eric,

Thank you for choosing us stay with and sharing your feedback of your experience. Thank you for acknowledging our competitive pricing. It’s been an honor having you and glad your trip was very enjoyable. It’s wonderful you are returning in March and hope you will have an even better time. Thanks for choosing us and see you in March!