“Pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very nice hotel with good room amenities. Lobby and motel lot is very pretty. Bed was average. I would have preferred a complimentary continental breakfast. Hotel is close to beach and birding centers. I would stay there again.

1  Thank James S
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear James,

It’s been a true pleasure reading your experience of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We’re delighted to read of your pleasant stay and glad you enjoyed the room amenities and being directly on the beach. Please come see us again for another relaxing day on the island!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We've come here three years now for the Winter Texan rate. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is usually confusion over the Winter Texan rate, (especially over what it covers with the American Grill). There is a continuous deck from the Hilton to Clayton's Grill which has a lot of live entertainment. The Hilton also has live entertainment many nights. This year there were a number of pets in the Hotel and the hallways didn't always smell that fresh. I asked about this and was told they allow service pets. Very small service pets in my opinion and I'm not sure why you would carry your service dog around. All in all it was a nice break from winter.

Greeting Merlyn,

Thank you for leaving such an awesome review of your stay with us! We are pleased you loved the entertainment in the evenings and our continuous deck on the beach. It’s been a fun time having you and your spouse and we’re glad after 3 years you guys continue to choose us to stay with. We will look forward to seeing the both of you next year!!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The best hotel on SPI! The resort was spotless, the wait staff at the Garden Grille and Bar was only surpassed by the delicious food served. The hotel was impeccably clean because the staff paid attention to the littlest detail. Rooms were large and had every amenity needed for a week long stay. The staff at the hotel from check in to checkout were gracious, professional and genuine. They will take good care of you that's a guarantee you can count on

1  Thank bmw528it
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay and naming us the best hotel on South Padre Island! It’s truly been a pleasure accommodating you during your stay. Our staff works around the clock to keep the Hilton as clean as a whistle and we appreciate your acknowledgment. Thank you for selecting us and we hope you will be thinking about us the next time your visiting SPI!

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Customer Service was terrible. No people skills im a diamond and no complimentary waters nothing. The only thing I called into the room was that they needed another credit card.However, the suite that I got was great. I dont know if I will ever go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Dalia306

Dear guest,

We are truly embarrassed to hear about your experience staying with us. Our front desk does offer complimentary water and I apologize that they didn’t offer you any. We are glad you like the suite but disappointed we failed provide excellent customer service you were hoping for. We apologize for everything less than you expected and hope you will consider us the next time you’re in South Padre Island.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great Hilton with the usual that I expect,,,,Beautifully furnished, important amenities pool, spa and dramatic water feature, including a restaurant and bar. HGI at SPI is wonderful like a slice of paradise. DH and I are having a great experience with excellent service and friendly staff, fun layout too------once we figured it out. (Take the front elevators for the restaurant/bar and lobby, the back elevators are handy from the pool and close to laundry/ice/vending) rooms were clean and well appointed with a Keurig (bring ur fav k-cups) We have a few more days here and are already planning a return!

Room Tip: Junior suite was too much room for us two, save your money, and if you do oceanfront for the view ge...
1  Thank T C

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a quality review of your experience staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on SPI. We appreciate all your complements about our amenities and pleased they contributed to your enjoyable vacation. It’s wonderful to read you’re already planning your return! Next year will be even better but until then take care.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tony B

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I am extremely unhappy with our recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at South Padre Island on 1/10 and 1/11. I had made reservation under my name and my debit card months in advance. When we arrived I showed the girl my driver's license and my Debit Bank Card. She had me sign a piece of paper stating that our rate was $39.00 a night. When we got to our room, the internet wasn't working so I called downstairs. They kept trying to tell me I was Peter Hoeffer or something like that. I argued with her until I said, Okay, I'll just use that last name to get on the internet. Our air did not work--the room was 80 degrees. Then within 5 minutes the desk called and said that they had made a mistake and we were not Peter whatever his last name was. Then they proceeded to charge our stay plus Peter's to my bank account. It's already been subtracted and they tell me that it's really not! I'm looking at my bank statement. They can charge your bank in 1 minute, but when they make a mistake it takes 7 days to have it placed back in your account. This makes no sense. I will never stay there again. Arguing with them is like talking to a wall.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
13  Thank Laurie M

Dear Laurie,

We deeply apologize for the mix up you had upon check in. It was an honest mistake on our part and we understand your frustration dealing with something you shouldn’t have too. We are sorry about the credit card issue; it really takes a couple days for a full refund. If we could refund you faster we would have however, we do recognize that this inconvenience shouldn’t have even happened. We hope you will give us another shot to prove we are the very best hotel on South Padre Island.