“Excellent Bay Fishing Experience”
Review of Osprey Cruises

Osprey Cruises
Ranked #4 of 43 Tours in South Padre Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Osprey Cruises offers a variety of water-related activities and attractions. Deep Sea fishing trips aboard Osprey 1 and Osprey 2. Bay fishing trips aboard Bay King and Buccaneer. Bird watching cruises. Sightseeing cruises. Boat rides. Dolphin watching cruises. Nature and eco trips. Sunset cruises. Fireworks cruises. Osprey Cruises and Black Dragon are the top ranked boating attractions by visitors to South Padre Island area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Bay Fishing Experience”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I came to South Padre to kiteboard. On November 3, there wasn't enough wind so my wife and I went fishing with Osprey. It was fantastic. The captain and deck hand were very friendly and very helpful. We caught a lot of speckled trout, whiting, and sail catfish. We also caught a lot of sting rays too. Afterwards, the restaurant at the dock cooked our trout and whiting and it was fantastic. November is not their busy season, so the boat only had 7 total fisherman on it.

Visited November 2013

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse captain ever!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Well went on a bay fishing trip on the bay king like a week ago and it was the worse trip ever the captain this short latino guy was so disrespectful always talking crop about white people, asked him for help he said no "thats why i have my deck hands for" he kept fishing? I would never go back to that company hope you do something about it!

1 Thank Brithany46
Laguna Niguel, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fishing was hot and so was the weather.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have fished twice on the Osprey out of South Padre Island. Fishing has been hot on both trips catching my limit of Red Snappers. Both trips were 12 hour trips going far offshore to the captains favorite fishing spots. The weather in Tropical South Texas is so HOT in the summer months that heat stroke is possible if you don't drink enough water and beverages and take breaks in the shade or inside the air conditioned cabin. The crew and captains of the Osprey were very professional and helpful. If you are a serious angler I would suggest you bring your own rods and reels. The fishing rods and reels supplied by the boat were only adequate and were not in the best condition. If you want to fish with artificial lures I used Shimano Butterfly jigs in the color pink on both trips with great success. In addition to the red snappers I also caught King Mackeral, Bonita and Jack Crevalle on the butterfly jigs.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fishing charter on the island!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Osprey Cruises is hands down the best when it comes to fishing both in the bay as well as the deep sea. The crew is excellent, and go out of their way to insure a great time! The captain of the boat always knows where the best fishing is and tries to insure everyone catches plenty of fish! My wife and I always choose Osprey when we come to the island and we usually always book multiple bay and deep sea trips with them!

South Padre Island, Texas
“Red snapper season Oct 2013”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

These guys work hard to limit out everyone's stringer. They put us on the fish and in a 8 hour trip all 40 of our boat hit the limit. We ate the snapper the same night, and it was some of the best fishing and eating we ever had. I would go again anytime.