“Be prepared”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you are going to do this be prepared to be here a while. Flies were everywhere it was disgusting! We sat on the horses waiting to ride for over 45 minutes and then the walk was hot and slow. Not very fun, I will not do this again!

4  Thank Melanie W

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had a BLAST riding with horses on the beach! The tour guides do a great job pairing each rider with a horse. I will recommend if you are not an active person or do not work out or stretch often I suggest you stretch really well for the ride & perhaps take some Aleve or Advil BEFORE your ride. This will help ease the soreness of the "day after feeling". Have fun!!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is something I have always wanted to do. My husband & I have very little experience with horses, but were well suited to horses that "fit" us both! We were very happy. The guides were awesome and very concerned with the safety of the group. Everyone I spoke with in our group had a wonderful time on our sunset ride. I would recommend it to anyone!!! I would also let them know that these are very large beautiful creatures which must be understood and respected. You must control your animal - if you don't feel comfortable telling a 1000 lb animal what to do- maybe you should try something else. All in all - It was AWESOME and I would do it again & again

1  Thank td717
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The guides were very nice and helpful. We got there late to get a horse, but they didn't seem upset. All went pretty smoothly. The ride itself is awesome. It's especially nice if you're a first-time rider. I have tail bone problems, though. I didn't realize how much the saddle would aggravate it. It was a mildly painful ride for me, but I still managed to enjoy it. I gave 3 stars because some other riders weren't very courteous (teenage girls) and my girlfriend was given a horse who isn't very personable. She spent most of her ride keeping her horse from the others(kicking) and dealing with people who wouldn't keep their horse away despite the guide clearly stating that the horse likes his space. I just feel like a horse that doesn't like being close to other horses might not be suited for such an event (horses are close to each other during ride). I do recommend the ride, though!

2  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My 15 & 16 year old daughters had a blast. We did this on day 3 to break up the beach & waterpark. I reserved tickets online, easy check in. Guides were awesome & friendly. It was very organized. Since I had my 3 yr old, we went to the beach, while they were getting everyone matched up with their horses, to take pics as they went by. The beach was such a great place for the big sea shells! The group was large, but they had a great experience! Wear sunscreen and we went at 10 am. Afterwards my 3 yr old rode a pony-skip the petting zoo-waste of money.