“Amazing!!”

South Padre Island Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We create memories! The Wells family has served South Padre Island for 5 generations and we create memories that last a life time! Our Adventure Park is located at the end of State Park Road 100 with forty acres of land spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Laguna Madre Bay that provides an unparalleled location for Adventure on South Padre Island. Our horseback rides are along the beach and water's edge and we often see a variety of shoreline and marine life and we get to ride in the remote portion of the Island that few people get to experience. No crowds here! Our Petting Barn is filled with birds and animals we have rescued or have been donated to us for a forever home. Children can enjoy a safe and educational interaction with all of our birds and animals (us big kids too). Dolores also owns The Massage & Healing Arts Center and her licensed and professional Massage Therapists are ready for your pampered needs after a fun day at the beach. Come; make your memories with us! We love what we do and we look forward to exploring the Island with you soon. Doyle & Dolores Wells
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The entire experience was amazing and the staff were all so friendly! We did a morning ride with my son for his 8th birthday. He had never ridden a horse before and didn't even know what we were doing until we got there. The guys really helped him stay as ease and made him feel confident. Best part was as we were on the beach they sang happy birthday to him ~ totally made his entire day!! We are looking forward to going back again next summer!

1  Thank Beth R
There are newer reviews for South Padre Island Adventure Park

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Read reviews and was worried about what the horses would be like. As soon as I got to Padre and unpacked, I headed for the stables to see for myself. You have to realize that this stable is on an island, no grassy pastures and it's hot. News flash, where there are horses, there are flies. I wasn't bothered by the flies, felt like they were under control. The horses had shade, clean water and hay to munch on. They were in good shape, even their feet, for horses that ride out about everyday in the salt water and beach. I was very impressed with the way they matched up a bunch of green horns on vacation to their mounts. Yes you sit on a horse tied up for awhile because they are matching up people and horses, adjusting stirrups, giving instructions. They did a good job. They were about 50 riders in our group but all seem to enjoy the ride. They let you trot or ride in the water if you wanted too. Also, there were a couple of young kids that had never ridden before. The guide ponied the two horses and none of them acted up. They have helmets for the young kids or anyone else that wants one. There were out riders there to help you if you needed it. Very pleasant and safe. There was only one person that I saw have a problem with his horse but that was his fault. They ask you about your riding level, if you lie, you get a horse that will go along and if you don't know how to handle it, it's your fault. We had Rio, Bullet, TC and Harley and we had a wonderful time. Don't miss this experience. My granddaughter said that it was the best day in her life. Would do it again!!!

3  Thank caribblover
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was so much fun! The horse I had bucked me off, but I was warned that he didn't like the water, and I tried to make him go in anyway! I wasn't hurt, and the guide was right there IMMEDIATELY to see if I was okay! The ride was fun, and we will do it again the next time we are in Padre! The guides are friendly and awesome! Great place!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Loved the horses on the beach! Me and my husband did the morning ride. Our first reservation was cancelled due to rain. However, the staff was very nice and very accommodating and rescheduled the trip for the next day. Although it was chilly we had a blast! very beautiful scenery!

1  Thank ahackett88
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you are going to do this be prepared to be here a while. Flies were everywhere it was disgusting! We sat on the horses waiting to ride for over 45 minutes and then the walk was hot and slow. Not very fun, I will not do this again!

4  Thank Melanie W