“Horrible”

Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf manmade waves, move from ride to ride without ever leaving the water, blast uphill and down on thrilling water coasters or float peacefully on passive rides at this tropical water park along the beaches of South Padre Island. Over two dozens attractions for all ages, park has both outdoor and indoor attractions. Indoor attractions are open year-round in an heated, covered environment. Waterpark also has a beachfront resort hotel, multiple restaurants, 100' tall zipline ride and underwater Sea Trek attraction (open seasonally). Outside food and beverages are allowed (no glass or alcohol), free parking, free use of inner tubes and free use of life vests. Private cabanas with table side wait staff are also available for rental.
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Horrible”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I remember going and visiting this location back when I was young and the park had just opened and it was awesome. I recently took my 6yr old daughter and NOTHING in the castle works, the whole thing just sucks now. I remember it having sensors to splash water while inside, sensors to flip containers full of water over, sensors shooting water out of canons, and the bucket actually tipping and dropping water over once full. New indoor park is great but perhaps they should switch the focus onto maintaining the old which is looking very aged and worn. I ordered a red snapper from the Shrim Haus and the fish was old and black not to mention the bad service. Setting those things aside what bothered me the most was that there was no family restrooms anywhere throughout the park. I couldn't agree more with the prior review about "Mike B" and the lack of professionalism demonstrated by him, he not only does it here but for the resort page as well.

2 Thank itsmeabel
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for posting your recent visit....despite the fact you did not experience the time you expected, or that we want you to have, we still welcome comments so that I and our entire team can try to improve in serving each and every Guest.

There is no excuse for the meal you had at the Shrimp Haus and our Food & Beverage director was made aware of this to try and discover what happened and why.

We have family bathrooms located at the new indoor section of the park as well as a set at our "Cabana Island" section, but I have had a few people asking about more and we are already looking at adding additional family restrooms during the outdoor park off-season when they can be constructed.

Our sandcastle is very technologically advanced, with many computer generated activities that did experience some issues last week that took a couple of days to repair but is up and running, complete with the famous tipping bucket.

Thanks again for sharing and we promise to try and continue to improve our shortfalls so that we can provide the best entertainment around.

Copperas Cove, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun times”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I wouldn't pay to go here if you didn't stay at the resort, unless the tickets were maybe $20. It's very small compared to new braunfels and Galveston. It was clean and it is a place where you don't have to worry about the sand! Lifeguards were great and they had a great area for little ones to play in. Not many slides, but the lazy river was fun since it had many different ways to go.

4 Thank MistyDawn714
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. Our lifeguards work hard at providing safety for our Guests and undergo a rigorous training program. We are proud of our consistently receiving the top ratings available from independent auditing services.

Thanks again,
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Management Mike”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just the responses from Mike to people who were not pleased with their visits would make me not visit this park. I can overlook peoples personal opinions. But when management is ugly in response to customer reviews it just shows poor management skills.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank pattonjamie
I apologize if you took my response the wrong way or if my language was clumsy, as we take every critique and comment seriously, which is why we take the time to comment to each and every one, share amongst our team members and discuss ways to improve in our meetings.

We are proud of all of the modern technological advancements we provide, the safety that we provide our Guests, with an array of activities for all ages, all in the beautiful setting along South Padre's beaches.

Two of our mantras are to exceed Guest expectations and do the right thing, which is always our goal.

When someone disparages our Guests due to physical appearance, that is something that I felt should not be ignored.

Once again, I will make attempts on my end to provide more clear responses to thank our Guests for their comments.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“overrated.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Overcrowded, understaffed. Rides average. Some rides closed. The park ran out of water in the middle of a hot summer day.!!!I was given on several occasions the wrong information by the staff.The crowd in the park looked very trashy and vulgar. Today called corporate office and had no return call.Be careful with the park hotel. The check in time was over two hours ,room was delivered late.

4 Thank PocoPaco
Mike B, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Sorry you did not find your experience as enjoyable as so many other Guests do...with four uphill water coasters, two four story tall slides, both a lazy river and a tidal wave river, plus the multiple kids areas, swim-up bars and, of course, world famous Boogie Bahn, there is plenty for all ages to do....not to even mention being located on the beautiful South Padre Island beaches!

I take exception with the understaffed comments as if you read the many posts you will see how often we receive plaudits for our multitude of lifeguards. safety and security personnel as well as the many food stands.

As far as your stereotyping our Guests.....well....I will let your comments reflect your opinions.
Houston, TX
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Good family activity while in SPI”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We had kids with us from 18, 15 and 6 year olds. All of us had a great time. We did spring for a Cabana - pricey ($150 in peak season) but if you can do that, go for it. We had number 9 and it was a great location - right by an entrance and also the end of the rapids and another ride. We also had a bathroom right by it and a "cabana boy" that provided full service - we didn't have to fight lines, try to find a table to eat and meet at, etc. yes, it's pricey but we felt worth it.

I've been to the original Schlitterbahn - yes, this one is so small in comparison, but what I DID like was that you get in the lazy river and pretty much never have to get out - all the lines for the rides start off the lazy river. And you stay in the line in your tube - great way to stay cool in the 100 degree July heat!!

I would also spring the extra $$$ for the refillable cup (if you didn't bring in your own cooler which is a great option). We refilled it about 6 times, so it more than paid for it.

3 Thank TexasTravelerLover
Thanks for visiting and posting such a nice review...the cabanas are designed to provide the over the top service that many are looking for during their vacation stay with us complete with day long table side service in your own little tropical oasis getaway.

The souvenir cups (yours to keep) are a great way to save some money and not have to worry about dragging an ice chest in...plus, did you know you can bring it back on your next visit and refill with soft drinks for just a $1??

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit,