“It was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of PadreRitaGrill

PadreRitaGrill
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
Independence, Missouri
“It was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Padre Rita's was within walking distance of our hotel so we wanted to try it. We ordered chicken enchiladas and was very disappointed, it was bland and kind of dry. My strawberry margarita was just ok, it wasn't "smokin hot" as they advertise. The service was good & friendly staff and the chocolate cake was delicious.

• Visited June 2014

Deer Park, Texas, United States
“Great food and music too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place has a very nice menu and selection and very reasonably priced. The drinks were excellent and we even had live music that was very good.

Livingston, Texas
“Stay away if you're a party of more than 4”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went on Friday about 7pm with 8 adults and 5 kids (2 teens). When we walked in the place looked empty. I asked for a table for 13 and the hostess said we would have to sit outdoors or we could wait 45 minutes. I asked why since the place looked empty and she said the big table in the back was taken so we could either wait 45 minutes or sit outside (if you've been to SPI you know hot it feels outside even at 7pm). The food at this place wasn't worth a 15 minute wait last year when we ate here but we were going to give the place a second chance. We went across the street to Blackbeard's where there was a waiting line outside (the food & service is excellent) and they seated our party of 13 in less than 15 minutes. I couldn't believe they wouldn't move some tables to accommodate us but WE WON'T EVER GO BACK AGAIN to gamble on whether we have good food when we can go to one of the other great places on SPI.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Donatthelake2
San Antonio, TX
“Music and Service was great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a good time with our waiter and listening to the music. There was a buffet and a shortened menu, so we chose the buffet. It could have been better.

Elgin, Texas
“Worst service ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Walked in and thought it was a pretty neat place. It was decorated like it was outside (outside furniture-even patio umbrellas). That's where the good ended. Our server took our orders and then went over to the bar to argue with someone on the telephone. She never brought our salad plates for the salad bar. Then when I asked another server she said our server would bring them to us. She brought us 1. Finally, tired of waiting, we went up and interrupted her to get a second one. We had probably been there 20 minutes or so at this time. Salad bar was minimal...soup costs extra...even though it's right beside the salad bar. When our food finally came out it tasted like it had been refried or sitting too long then reheated...However you put it, it wasn't good. I asked for ketchup and my food was cold by the time the waitress remembered that I needed it. The people beside us had the same type of issues. I heard the lady tell our waitress...I had unsweet tea. You brought me sweet. These types of mistakes/oversight might be ok when they are swamped, but there were a total of 4 tables occupied. All were parties of 2 or 3. And there were 2 waitresses. The other waitress seemed to be much happier and be doing a much better job. I hate to give bad reviews, but we were super stressed by the time we left and I can't find anything good to say.

3 Thank MelinElgin