“Far better then nasty reviews suggest”
Review of PadreRitaGrill

PadreRitaGrill
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seafood, Steaks and Burgers
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was trepidatious about coming here after reading some pretty bad reviews, but knew there was live music every night, so braved it out, and now wonder why I was worried. Granted, I had a burger and fries, but the salad bar looked pretty standard, the service was exactly right. I even loved the rocking deck chairs that let me rock to the music. Friendly and fun. I heard they were having a TV make-over soon, and hope they hang onto their home-town charm and sweet personality.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Boyfriend and I's first vacation and first night in Padre. The restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel so we just decided to go there. The place was pretty empty when we arrived and we were seated immediately. Our waiter came and introduced himself and told us he was from the Czech Republic. We thought wow. interesting...NO...
He could barely speak English and did not know the menu. He didn't even know the difference between corn and flour tortillas. Come on.

As my boyfriend was trying to communicate his order to our waiter (even having to point to where it was in the menu) I stopped them in the middle of their struggle and asked for the check for our drinks and appetizer (the chips were so hard we could barely eat them). This experience was already a nightmare and I didn't want it to go on any longer, much less pay for it.

4  Thank Roobelle12
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Food was average, but reasonably priced. Service was excellent. If you go here, try one of their smoking margaritas!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived early and were seated outside. We ordered our drinks and an appetizer. We then all ordered our main course. The waiter said it would be about fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes became twenty. Then thirty. Then forty... Then fifty. We kept getting more random updates on our food. It will be three minutes more..... Ten minutes passed and it would be five minutes. When we arrived we were the only people seated outside waiting on food. It wasn't busy inside either. By now it was getting hot and humid and the Mosquitos were coming out in force. We had two girls in wheelchairs, two more youngsters and a baby in a car seat. So we went inside and were told that the food would be right out and sorry for the delay. In the time we had waited the outside area had filled up and at least three tables had been served ahead of us even although they arrived a lot later. The waiting staff inside all took turns to ask what we wanted to order and then one asked what drinks we wanted. I was thinking that this was a smart move giving us a round of drinks (one beer and the rest soft drinks) after about ten to fifteen minutes inside our food arrived! It wasn't what you would call hot and one of the dishes was a special which was meant to include the salad bar buffet. I guess the waiter forgot in the rush. I was disappointed at this point as their was a relaxed atmosphere (obviously this extended to the staff as well) and a guy playing guitar and singing country classics. The food if it had been hot would have been above average and priced reasonably. The real kick in the teeth was when the bill came. A half hearted appology and not one percent of a discount! The waiter assured us the manager was aware of the delay in our device and was looking in to it but the manageress did not see for to approach us herself and apologize or offer any discount. When my wife said she was disappointed that we hadn't been given a reduced bill and the fact that they were so insistent on us getting more drinks ( the assumption being that this was a weak attempt at an appology but still charged us for them ) To add insult to injury the waiter left the check and disappeared. After about ten minutes we had to approach the bar to pay the bill where we were asked if we wanted to speak to the manager! Asked!?!? I would have thought anyone involved in management of a customer driven business would want to clear this situation up themselves but I guess any manager with the brass balls to charge full price after a shambles like that has been schooled differently to most. After my wife spoke to her she took 25% of the food bill but not the drinks!! A great shame because it had a lot of potential and I would have forgiven them for the bad service IF the customer service had existed at all.

3  Thank Nae-thin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We found this restaurant on our last night on the island. I wish we had eaten there earlier! The food was fantastic (I had the fish tacos and I LOVED them! My husband had a steak and he was very pleased also). Our waitress was very pleasant. She took the time to actually talk to us for a few minutes, not just take our order and disappear.

The singer on stage was excellent! Our 12 year old really enjoyed it. He was laughing and joking with the patrons, and it just made it a very warm and pleasant experience. (we did wonder if he perhaps was an owner.. name on banner above him seemed like the name on the sign outdoors..)

They make ice cream at the table in, right in front of you, with liquid nitrogen. By the time that our meal was over, however, we were too stuffed to try it. It looked really neat at the table next to us!

The lighting, signs, and decorations, were all unique, colorful, and fun. Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our visit!