“This is a jewel on South Padre Island”
Review of Cafe Kranzler - MOVED

Cafe Kranzler
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cafe Kranzler is committed to providing our guests with a quality dining experience while serving up a delicious new American cuisine menu.
Harlingen, Texas
“This is a jewel on South Padre Island”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

As "foodies" my husband and I enjoy trying new places to eat. When fried shrimp is not on our palat for the evening, we venture out and try something new. The Mac and Cheese, with brie, figs, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes was to die for. I had a shrimp dish with a creamy white sauce, spinach, and of course pasta.. My husband had the shrimp marsala. It was perfect!!!! I can't believe we drove right passed this place countless times. We are now regular customers. They serve beer and wine.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ILoveLondon1
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm delighted to know our Mac and Cheese won you (and your taste buds!) over. It's a tried and true favorite. It's just as great to know your husband was equally impressed with his Shrimp Marsala. Looking forward to your next meal with us! Best, Anneliese, Owner

Dulles, Virginia
“Cafe Kranzler is a treasure!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We passed by this restaurant countless times and finally decided to stop in and give it a try. What a treasure! The atmosphere is polished and refined. The waitstaff were attentive without "hovering." The food, in a word -- memorable. For starters my wife and I shared an order of crab cakes. They were superb and chock full of crab meat without heavy fillers. For my main course I ordered the Cioppino, a seafood medley that was as close to perfection as I've ever tasted. This dish alone is worth a return visit! For dessert we shared a slice of carrot cake (my wife's choice, not mine as I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake). Wow! There's a hint of an alcoholic beverage we later learned was Marsala. Finally, check out their wine rack -- one of the best selections I've seen on SPI.

1 Thank WLanzet
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I'm so happy to hear you had such an exceptional meal with us! Our Cioppino is by far one of our favorite dishes, I'm delighted to know you were just as fond of it. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the waitstaff! Looking forward to your next meal with us.

New Braunfels
“Great dinner!!!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Glad we decided to stop here!!! The meal was extremely good! We met the owner and you could tell that her heart and soul went into every meal they served!!!!! I had the filet mignon with fig on it and it was excellent!!! I definitely recommend this restaurant to those who enjoy fine dining :-)

1 Thank localchic
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thanks so much for stopping in and taking the time to review us afterwards -- I really appreciate it! Above all, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food. As you so kindly mentioned, I put my heart and soul into every dish so when people enjoy it, I can't help but smile. Thanks for making my day!

Hope to see you back here soon. Very soon.

Andover
“Lighter, fresher flavors”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Looking for a break from typical food on SPI we saw this little place. Not fancy,but quaint and nice background music. Wasn't busy midweek and service was good.

Salads (pear apple gorgonzola and a crab salad) were our favorite part and were nucely presented. The skillet pie which was quite good as well.

Entrees were pretty good (not superb) but felt light and refreshing which is a nice change of pace.

We would return for sure.

1 Thank Andoverminnie
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, Andoverminnie! I'm happy you stumbled across us. It sounds as though you weren't at all disappointed. Our salads always make for an excellent choice. I hope you'll be joining us for another meal soon!

Texas
“Good choice for fine dinning at SPI”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a restaurant is defintiely a place to visit if you're looking for fine dinning on SPI. At times, you may want to place a reservation just in case because it can get a little busy at times. The have a decent wine selection as well as some imports. By far, their signiture dish for us is their steak filet which typically really tender. On this visit, I decided to try their flat iron steak, which turned out to be quite tender as well. This steak can be somewhat difficult to get tender, but here they did pretty darn good. My wife had the steak filet and my daughter had mac & cheese with a side of salmon - she loves this combi (why? I don't know). So, as a whole, I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking for finer dinner on the island.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank southtexastraveller
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, southtexastraveller. Your recommendation means so much to us. I'm happy we're the first place that comes to mind when you're looking to have a nice dinner on the Island. But surely, a perfectly cooked Steak Filet can be hard to pass up! As for your daughter's choice of dish, we can't argue with the combination. It sounds delicious to us! Hope to see you and your family for another meal soon.