“Tasty food, nicely presented, comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Kranzler - MOVED

Cafe Kranzler
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Kranzler is committed to providing our guests with a quality dining experience while serving up a delicious new American cuisine menu.
“Tasty food, nicely presented, comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Two thumbs up for the dinner entrees (crab salad and cioppino (fish stew).

The dessert, apple "skillet pie" was pretty good. I wonder though why it is that restaurants almost never serve apple pie made in the traditional way, but always tarted up in some odd form.

Anyway, this place is a welcome departure from the usual Padre seafood joints. I'm just sorry we didn't get there for breakfast (the menu looks very promising).

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Juba27777
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your delightful review! Knowing your dinner with us got two thumbs up makes our day. We like to think servin' up our Apple Pie in a skillet adds a southern touch to an old classic. I'm happy to hear it made for a sweet ending to your meal. I hope you'll be joining us for breakfast soon — be sure and let us know what you think when you do!

Anneliese, Owner

“Best meal on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We've been a number of times and it is always fantastic. This is big-city caliber food, served in a relaxed funky ambience. Have loved everything we've tried. Great wine choices too.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PantsFiesta
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Knowing your best meals on the island have been with us make our day! Hope you'll join us for another soon. We'd love to welcome you back!

San Antonio, Texas
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was great! Crab cakes are great and fresh and all crab! My boyfriend care for seafood much but he loved the trout dish and ate all of it. I had the tuna which is also a great choice. The only thing that was ok was a server. I wish she would have wamed up and poured our wine for us. Other than that it was great! Nice place worth every penny.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Esmy484
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for you wonderful review! I'm delighted to know you and your boyfriend each enjoyed your dishes down to the last bite. I do want to apologize if I came off as cold or unwelcoming while serving you. That was certainly not my intention, as your business means a lot to me! I hope you'll think of joining us for another meal the next time you're in South Padre!

Harlingen, Texas
“This is a jewel on South Padre Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

As "foodies" my husband and I enjoy trying new places to eat. When fried shrimp is not on our palat for the evening, we venture out and try something new. The Mac and Cheese, with brie, figs, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes was to die for. I had a shrimp dish with a creamy white sauce, spinach, and of course pasta.. My husband had the shrimp marsala. It was perfect!!!! I can't believe we drove right passed this place countless times. We are now regular customers. They serve beer and wine.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ILoveLondon1
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm delighted to know our Mac and Cheese won you (and your taste buds!) over. It's a tried and true favorite. It's just as great to know your husband was equally impressed with his Shrimp Marsala. Looking forward to your next meal with us! Best, Anneliese, Owner
Dulles, Virginia
“Cafe Kranzler is a treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We passed by this restaurant countless times and finally decided to stop in and give it a try. What a treasure! The atmosphere is polished and refined. The waitstaff were attentive without "hovering." The food, in a word -- memorable. For starters my wife and I shared an order of crab cakes. They were superb and chock full of crab meat without heavy fillers. For my main course I ordered the Cioppino, a seafood medley that was as close to perfection as I've ever tasted. This dish alone is worth a return visit! For dessert we shared a slice of carrot cake (my wife's choice, not mine as I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake). Wow! There's a hint of an alcoholic beverage we later learned was Marsala. Finally, check out their wine rack -- one of the best selections I've seen on SPI.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WLanzet
Anneliese S, Owner at Cafe Kranzler, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I'm so happy to hear you had such an exceptional meal with us! Our Cioppino is by far one of our favorite dishes, I'm delighted to know you were just as fond of it. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the waitstaff! Looking forward to your next meal with us.