“Great trip and great captain!”

Crystal Flats Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crystal Flats Guide Service South Padre Island, Texas My name is Captain Cliff Fleming and I specialize in private bay fishing trips. I am a local fishing guide that has been fishing the Lower Laguna Madre since 1974. My passion to fish turned me into a passionate professional guide in 1986 when I got licensed by the USCG. When you fish with me my main goal is to have FUN while catching quality fish. I am a patient teacher and a low key coach for experienced anglers as well as small children. I have several small children of my own and know what Mom and Dad are usually looking for on a days fishing outing with their own precious children. Everything is provided: bait, tackle, ice, and drinking water. Anyone 17 or older will need at least a one day Texas fishing license. I have quality tackle and a flats boat that easily navigates the very shallow waters of the bay and also handles the near shore fishing challenges as well. We catch redfish, speckled trout, flounder, snook, kings, tarpon, mangrove snapper, and spanish mackeral as the seasonal runs provide them to us. If you and your family or buddies want to go on a FUN filled fishing trip, learn some new techniques, and get some local history of the area at the same time, I can provide those services while catching some great fish. Sight fishing, spin fishing, bait fishing, and fly fishing are all in my bag of services. No need to shop around you have just located your new favorite fishing guide and services. Take a look at my web site links for more details, photos, information, and reviews by previous fishing clients on google places. In addition to fishing, I do fireworks tours, dolphin watches, and boat tours for small private groups. Feel free to call or email anytime to hold your reservation for a SUPER FUN day on the water.
“Great trip and great captain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Capt. Cliff and Crystal Flats was top notch. The price was reasonable, he was punctual, gear was in good shape, and the boat was smooth and dry for a flats boat. Cliff was in contact via email several times before my wife and I headed down in September and was flexible with scheduling as we needed to change our original date.
We were hoping to get into some reds but had no luck. Our trip seemed doomed until the last hour. Cliff put us on a ton if specs. We each caught our limit of keepers to spite the slow bite and horrible weather. Capt. Cliff actually let us fish, too. He didn't insist on baiting every hook, making all of the casts, and handling every fish like a lot of guides. I'm sure he would have if we asked but we actually enjoy fishing so we did just that.
We will certainly book another trip with Cliff on our next trip to SPI.

Visited September 2013
Cliff F, Owner at Crystal Flats Guide Service, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thanks you for the kind words and great comments on our fishing trip. I do agree that it is important to allow clients to participate in the actual fishing. Im sure that note will resound well with anglers. Hope to get you back when you can and I hope the redfish are not on vacation the next time.

Capt. Cliff FLeming

Harlingen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best guided fishing trip ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Captain Cliff will put you on the fish , also teach you how to fish if you or friends do not know how to fish SPI Thanks for the memories!!!!!!

1 Thank david f
Cliff F, Owner at Crystal Flats Guide Service, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi Dave,
Your always appreciated when you Fish with me.Good times are always in store when your on the boat. See you maybe in the Spring time. Take care and sharpen your hooks for our next excursion.
UNTIL THEN,
Capt. Cliff
“extrodinary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The fishing trip was great caught a couple of trout. The only thing is was a bit pricy for only one person maybe if it a group it would be worth it.

Visited March 2013
Hello Joe,
Thanks for taking your time and writing a review for me. Your support is very much appreciated by my family and myself. I hope you have time to give it a another go sometime. Please remind me that you fished solo last trip out so we can work out something that better fits your schedule and your needs. Hopefully, with a little more luck the bigger fish will all get the memo to be a little more hungry next time your down. See you soon.

Respectfully,

CAPTAIN CLIFF FLEMING
“Amazing Fishing Charter & Guide Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Fished with Captain Cliff - and it was incredible! I have fished with Cliff multiple times and will do it again!Tore the redfish and trout up! Nice guy with easy to fish with personality! Highly recommend! Effective! Safe! Knowledgeable! Professional! Highly Recommend.

Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Paul you must have been sent back down from Heaven. Please accept my humble gratitude.
Capt Cliff
Nevada, Texas
“Always a great time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have been fishing with Cliff on several occasions, always a great time. I would recommend Cliff to anyone looking to catch some fish and have fun doing it. Cliff is very knowledgeable and works hard to deliver the fish. Looking forward to my next trip!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cliff F, Owner at Crystal Flats Guide Service, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
HI Blanca,
Very nice to see your smiling face with that big redfish you caught. You are always welcome back I hope you come back soon. Its always a pleasure to fish with such a patient and beautiful lady. Tell your other half he can come too but he better bring you along for extra luck. LOL Take care and keep your rod up and your lines tight.

Respectfully,