“Great stay and steps away from the beach”
other travellers have booked this property
King bed Redecorated bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
King bed
Redecorated bedroom
Wake to the Waves view from bedroom
Bedroom with TV
North view from balcony
Spacious bedroom
Bedroom
Redecorated bedroom with king bed
Dining room
Patio View
Beautiful sunrise !!
Romantic sunset from balcony
The grounds
Beautiful pool heated in the winter
Pool view from balcony walkway
Deck view with new patio furniture
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sully9821
Waxahachie, Texas
“Great stay and steps away from the beach”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I researched plenty of condos and other places before we decided on this condo. We very happy and so glad we found this place. The condo is very well taken care and good beach decor. It has a full kitchen and stocked with glassware and even Tupperware. The bedroom has a very comfortable bed and connects to the patio. The views are great especially of the sunrise. The host has alos supplied beach chairs and some toys for the kiddos. You are only a few steps away from the beach and we enjoyed afternoon and night out there. So relaxing and the neighbors weren't loud at all. There is also wifi for the condo. Parking was decent and close by also. You are at the northern end of the Island but the whole island is easy to get to within 15 min or less. For groceries I suggest stopping by the Blue Marlin which is just south of this location. Overall a great relaxing stay and the host is very helpful and always responded quickly to my emails. We will be staying here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The patio with the view
Liked least: Nothing worth mentioning
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jun 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review and wonderful comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to have you as guests again!
TexasTrav...
Ft. Worth, Texas USA
“On a scale of.........”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife and I needed some time at the beach...after searching the internet for weeks, we settled on 'Wake to the Waves".....On a scale of 1-10, we rated the condo and furnishings a 6 or 7!! Some updating would be good. On a scale of 1-10 , the location, view and ambiance was a BIG 10!!! Probably THE best location on SBI in our opinion!! Quick response from agent/owner in scheduling....and solid and timely response in refund of deposit!!! We will stay there again!!!!

Tina R
Greeley, Colorado
“Best place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time staying here! It was very convenient to everything and was well maintained and well equipped! We had an amazing view!!! We had everything we could have possibly needed! Very comfortable!! Can't says enough about how wonderful our stay was!!! Thank you!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Jul 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the amazing views! It is why I fell in love with South Padre and the condo. I hope that you will return again in the near future and continue to see all the updates/improvements that I make at least every 6 months if not more often.
Ly762014
Austin, Texas
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I stayed here with 2 kids and it was great! The Ocean view was just what I was looking for. It was great to sit on the nice patio and eat breakfast,etc. Also, we were able to watch the fireworks both nights right from our balcony-- added Bonus! Everything you need (groceries, restaurants,etc) are close by. I thought it was a bit pricey, but its RIGHT on the beach so I guess you get what you pay for. The King size bed is great and the decor nice also. Would love to come back someday...maybe next year??

Travelling group: Young Children
1 Jul 2014
Thank you for you lovely review. The fireworks and the view are spectacular and I'm so glad you enjoyed them as I always do when I'm on the island. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.
lardo5150
St. Louis
“Good Location with Issues”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

The location of this condo is excellent. It is 2nd floor, all the way at the end. You are oceanfront and it was nice to wake up to that.
Everything in the condo worked, plenty of towels, etc.

The place needs updating badly. The patio door was taped shut in the bedroom. You could barely get the patio door in the living room open due to the door being rusted off the rail.
The place was clean, but like I said needs updating. You could hear the tile on the floor make popping sounds from there being space under the tile.

The door handle broke on our second to last day. We were stuck outside with a 1yr old and a 4yr old autistic child. The Tiki management at first was reluctant to help us, but sent maintenance up. The maintenance guy did not know how to fix the digital key lock on the door, but I mentioned I left the patio door unlocked. He got a ladder for us and I was able to get inside only to find out it was the door knob and not the lock. The door would not open so now my wife was stuck outside with the two kids, who at this point were screaming. At this point the maintenance guy went to get some tools or something. The Tiki management called me again and stated they no longer can help and we need to call the owner. My wife called the owner, but no one answered. She called the emergency number, and the lady said she would try and contact the owner. At this point I was able to take the broken door handle off by unscrewing it with scissors. The maintenance guy came back and stated that since he knew the owner, he would throw a new door handle on there.
The emergency contact person never got in touch with the owner, as far as we know, and we never received a call or email from the owner. Nothing.

We liked South padre, and have decided since we moved to Dallas, we will make this an annual family trip, maybe multiple times a year.

I gave this place 3 stars because of the door handle issue and not hearing from the owner regarding it (something like hey, sorry this happened would have been just fine).
I am not giving it two, because if it was not for this door handle thing, the place would have been satisfactory for what we were looking for, and I would have given it 4 stars, and returned to this specific condo due to price, location, etc.

I believe this case was not of the norm and feel other families may enjoy this condo.

Quick note, our boxer was allowed to come with us and stay, which is a huge plus for this property. Thank you for that.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
100_Trave...
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Great location - NEEDS updating!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Great complex (Tiki) and location but unit itself was in need of major renovation. Other units are much nicer with their updates.

Liked best: Gulf front location
Liked least: Old, outdated patio doors, cabinets, shower, sink, heat.
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Roe11605
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Dull and gray like the weather during our stay”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

The condo was a self service one, great location and it allows pets. We arrived and to our disappointment the refrigerator had someone else's left over food and the garbage bin in the kitchen had rubbish already in it. Cockroach on the kitchen floor. Wet cigarette butts on the balcony. When we lifted the bathroom rubber mat in the bath, it wasn't clean, hairs and other debris. It wasn't as clean as we thought it should be having stayed at self service condo's or apartments located around the world. Unfortunately, we stayed when the weather was wet, gray and dull so perhaps that tarnished our overall experience as we never saw the sun during our stay which did limit the outdoor activities. We left 2 days earlier having lost at least $250.00 (as it was full payment up front) - it just wasn't comfortable or relaxing for us.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Dec 2013
I know the weather was not great during your stay. Apparently this entire winter across the nation is predicted to be cold which I'm sure did not provide the vacation you had hoped for. I do know that the condo association sprayed all the units the week before your stay as part of their quarterly maintenance. However I do wish you had notified myself or the cleaning crew regarding the cleanliness as that is quite disappointing to me and I would have reported it to them immediately to clean again when you arrived. I have been continuing to update and improve the property and hope you will consider returning as a guest in 2014 and I shall provide you with a discount. Thank you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing