“Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
San Antonio
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We heard this was great for an evening meal, drinks and live entertainment. I ordered the seafood combo and a drink called the TSUNAMI. My total cost was $25. My meal consisted of a thin filet the size of a deck of cars, a handful of fries and what looked like an oyster cut in half to make 2. My drink tasted like watered down pineapple juice sans any rum. We ended up leaving hungry and not ex;entertained. They're wasn't a band because there was a wedding reception. There wasn't any fireworks either. I can only guess that it was due to it being windy. We went to a gas station and had hotdogs, soda and a bag of chips for $5.80...smh

1 Thank chubsterSanAntonio

Hgn
“we have always liked the place, but there have been some expansion changes that sort of made it too big and loud”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

no, that's all.... we didn't have food to eat that time, too busy!
As I mentioned...it has expanded...always too many cars, tough on parking sometimes. It used to be a neat cozy place -- but it has grown, no what I like in a place, especially it is now to close and right up to the La Quinta we have stayed at. Just not what I would like anymore.

Visited August 2013
Weldon, North Carolina
“Serves its Purpose...”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We visited during the Sand Castle Days Festival so the bar & grill were flooded with people. Even still service was decent and the food was typical for a beach-side bar & grill. There are plenty of areas to sit including covered seating areas with lots of tables and chairs.

Visited October 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Good burgers, great location”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Because of their location right on the beach, Clayton's could get away with food that's just ok. However, the burgers are really good and the fries are downright fantastic. Easy place to meet both locals and tourists and fet the lay of the land. And it's ground zero for the Sandcastle Days competition in October. One other thing: even though they stay busy, the help is very friendly.

• Visited October 2013
Rowlett, Texas
“Fun beach bar-hopping!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We traveled in off-season (September 2013) but enjoyed the piña coladas here twice, yummy! (even though $10 for one is kinda pricey) On our second trip, which was on our way out of town back to home, we had lunch and I had the grilled fish tacos that were really very good! This is a huge bar and I've heard it's really crazy during spring break but we enjoyed it nice and mellow, sitting at the counters facing the waves! Will definitely visit again!

• Visited September 2013