“Horrible Customer Service”
Review of Sapphire Spa

Sapphire Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A luxury Aveda day spa that provides hair, massage, facial, nail and body therapy treatments. We have a 9 treatment room facility, making us the largest and most luxurious spa facility in South Padre Island. We cater to our resort guest, condo owners and all visitors of South Padre Island as well as our locals.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

First of all, the Sapphire Resort is amazing and I highly recommended it! The Spa which is a completely different establishment is a different story. I would never recommend a client or friend! Staff members try to up sell you on the services and when you deny, they will cancel your appointment. Very sad, since being a local I have referred many, many clients there. My company nor I will ever recommend the Sapphire Spa from now on!! If you are looking for a great hair and make up spa, contact Kenya at Hair Gallerie & for Manicures & Pedicures go to TND Nails. As you can read from the other reviews, use another spa.

1 Thank Janelle A
SapphireSpa, Manager at Sapphire Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2015
Thank you for your input. It was and is taken to heart. We have made a lot of changes in staffing and what we stand for. Your experience does not reflect in what we offer now and I hope to meet with you soon and introduce myself formally. I am the new Spa Director. Please give us the opportunity to make this right for you. We want you back!

All the Best, JODY ROGERS

Gainesville, Georgia, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the Best Massages I've ever had!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Thank you Monica, for one of the best deep tissue massages I've ever had! I've been to maybe 30 different spas over the last 15 years. I know a good spa from a poser. We were staying at the Sapphire in a cousin's condo so it was ultra convenient. Still, I would come back here from anywhere in the Valley. Also, Bobby did a great job fixing my bad haircut from back home. He also gave mani pedis and facials to the girls. He was very knowledgable about island eats and activities. Everyone is totally bilingual and we enjoyed conversations in English and Spanish, just like back home.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank BigPapiArturo
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not impressed overall”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I had a massage, a pedicure, and a facial. The facial was wonderful and the pedicure was good. The massage wasn't very good, disappointed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Imnotoothfairy
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Total waste of time and money”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I went to the spa with both of my Daughter in laws. One had a sad massage, the other had a sub par facial, I had a facial massage. The "cosmetician" barely spoke English, if I asked her a question, she had to go get someone to come answer me. I may as well of had my 6 year old granddaughter rub lotion on my face, because that is what I got. You would think she would have tried to sell me some of the many products they had lining the shelves when we walked in. Never happened. This is a beautiful spa, it's sad that the owners don't treat like the facility it is and get some people in there who know English, and know how to give a good massage and other services, they should also be hiring licensed massage therapists and aestheticians. I was shocked they didn't hand us a price list for things like microdermabrasion and botox to name a few. My daughter in laws treated me to a day at the spa, I almost went back the next day and complained to try and get some of their money back. I don't know where these other who have posted went, but I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been the same place we were. There are a few other independent people on the island who give massages, I suggest if you would like one to look them up. Whatever you get there would be a lot better than what you get here. I don't mind spending money, but I hate throwing it away. While posting this I had to choose from a category called "what sort of visit was this?" I chose Famiily/teens, because it was the closest to my situation.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank sweetest75angel
Sweeny,Tx
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not worth the $$.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I just got a massage here today. The spa is nice and clean but my 50 minute massage was no good. The room was full of sunlight. No relaxing aroma at all. The oil she used had no scent. The massage therapist was way too gentle. I told her several times to massage harder but she never did. I usually get so relaxes that I fall asleep, this time I couldn't relax at all. I don't know what else is available in this area but I wouldn't waste my money again on this place.

Visited June 2013