Isla Grand Beach Resort
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
US$167
US$115
Hotels.com
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$51
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$105
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$79
ComfortSuites
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$116
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
US$58
US$50
US$98
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$93
Groupon.com
South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$92
1,010 results
All reviewscabana roomcrab racestennis courtsquarter duckrecommend this resortlive bandpool bargreat resortpool sidehotel restaurantfull kitchenoff seasonfamily vacationocean viewquarterdeckwindjammerwhiskey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Absolutely fantastic, as close to beach as you can get, gigantic pool, clean rooms, great food, and by far the best nightly entertainment

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at Isla Grand for a week during the off season. I had an excellent time. I made use of most of the amenities. The two pools were very well kept and clean. I loved the one with the water fall. I enjoyed the bar by the pool. The staff was very nice and friendly. You can order food from there as well. The room was one of the cabana rooms out by the pool. It was very clean. There is easy access to the beach. The beach area is well kept. I couldn't find a chair and umbrella to rent, but it was off season. The food in the restaurant was amazing. The buffet is unreal. It varied between Seafood, Italian, Mexican.. All was very good. I spent time at the lounge every night. There had a live music (Sweet Trouble Band) Great dance music. There is a shop in the hotel where you can buy anything you might need for the island. (swim wear, sandles, sunglasses, dresses, shorts, gifts, hats, etc) I would have to say my favorite was hanging out by the pool visiting with everyone at the bar. and what I liked least was the bar by the pool didn't stay open long enough. Overall the Isla Grand was exactly what I was looking for. I plan to go back in February.

Room Tip: I visited a friends corner room suite, and it was huge with lots of windows and an awesome view. I stayed in one of the cabana rooms on the ground floor by the pool. it had a patio to sit on for afternoon cocktails. If I were to stay up I would want a corner room; but basically I liked my ground floor cabana room.. It was easy to get my luggage there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CjHead58
islagrand, General Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you so much for your review on our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward on seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

My friend and I stayed here a couple weeks ago. The entrance of the hotel is beautiful and the birds add a nice touch. Check-in was a breeze, but when it came time to finding our room (which was facing the pool) it was very difficult. Our room was on the second floor so we took the elevator with our full cart. We walked down the hallways looking for our room (or any rooms) but couldn't find it. We took the elevator back down to the check-in desk to ask where our room was. Her directions were horrible! We had to walk around the whole hotel (with our cart) to get to our room. Once we found the room we had to make two trips each just to get all our stuff up and still weren't finished because we had to take the cart back around to the front of the hotel.

Even though the beginning was horrible the stay was wonderful. I would probably stay again but in a different part of the hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank joywheeler361

Thank you for your great comments on our resort and I apologize for your confusing directions your received. We will be addressing easier directions for our guests to get to their room. Thank you again and we hope that when you return to South Padre you can join us again.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Hotel is nice and coffee hut is great (Starbucks). Outside bar staff are very hospitable and restaurant breakfast staff are sweet and the food is good. Cabana rooms are just fine and love the front porch. Jacuzzis didn't have any pressure or heat and that's a downside because a little chill comes late in the afternoon and was looking for some warm water and muscle relaxation. Hope they will be fixed by the next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank minibarlvr

Thank you for both the great comments about your stay with us, as well as the suggestions you made. We have already addressed the pressure and the heat in the jacuzzis. We look forward on servicing you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Isla Grand Beach Resort during the start of the off-season (late Sept. 2011) for some quiet, low stress chill time pool-side and beach-side. Rooms were well kept, a little dated, but clean with good regular service. We like that this resort has a restaurant, pool-bar, and bar/night club with live entertainment ('till late night). The restaurant service and food were very good and the live music was top notch, oldies rock/soul/current pop, and then country another night; all good dancing music. The beach here was clean, water very nice, but beach umbrella/lounge service was costly, when they showed up (but independent of the resort); better to bring your own. Pools (2) were nice and clean, and had plenty of lounge chairs, though pool-bar could have longer hours. The very well kept grassy grounds facing the beach are good for a relaxing atmosphere (most other SPI hotels don't have much greenery if any at all). Also, nice tennis courts (4), but we didn't use them. We've stayed here before during the busy summer season, and it's been very nice then also, although check-in service and room servicing suffered a little. Overall, I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone. Just don't expect the glitzy modern room decor of a new hotel. Just chill!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple