We arrived in the early afternoon and were promptly checked in. Although our reservation had only a room with 2 double beds (the only room configuration available at booking), we were given a room with a king bed with handicapped access (another request during booking, but unavailable).
Our room was facing the tennis courts near the beach, and parking was just around the corner from the room. The room was spacious and uncarpeted, which was, in my opinion, a bonus. The shower was a walk or roll in, wide and had fantastic water pressure. The king sized bed was Sleep Number bed, something we did not expect, but were pleased to have, as we have a Sleep Number bed at home. It worked perfectly and we slept quite well. The free wifi was great and we had no problems with internet access anywhere on the property. The flat screen TV was new and we had a good selection of stations to watch.
I was there for a conference, while my husband spent the days relaxing near the pool or on the beach. The conference rooms were comfortable, but, as most conference venues, the rooms are usually cold. I always bring a jacket and have no problems.
We had a couple of issues when we first arrived. (1) The flat screen TV was showing everything in shades of pink. My husband called the Front Desk and a maintenance man was at our room in about 5 minutes. He was able to re-set the TV and we had no further problems. (2) The first morning, after I left for the conference, my husband was watching TV and heard water dripping in the shower. He went to investigate and found water dripping from the light fixture above the shower stall. He called the Front Desk and maintenance men came within a few minutes, looked at our shower, then went upstairs. The water stopped and there were no further issues with water leaks. In both instances, the staff were prompt, courteous, and, most importantly, fixed the problems.
This is my second stay on SPI, and I have loved both my stays at the Isla Grand Resort. I can think of no other place I would rather stay when visiting South Padre Island.
Thank you, Isla Grand!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isla Grand Beach Resort is the premier resort along the Texas Gulf Coast. Located right on the beach, in the southern portion of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort is easy to find and conveniently located near all of South Padre's top attractions. This beachfront resort has great onsite amenities such as two swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, restaurants, a nightclub, gift shop, coffee shop, activities and more. With such a prime location in the heart of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort offers the kind of warm hospitality, inviting resort atmosphere and top-notch services sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Be sure to ask about our special offers and package deals! From the Grand Bed & Breakfast to the Hole in One Golf package, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. We're the perfect choice for your next business conference featuring 10,000 square feet of conference space. Excitement is never far at Isla Grand Beach Resort. The nearby nightclub has liver entertainment every day of the year featuring bands and musical guests from all over the United States. Whether it's business or pleasure, we're sure that you'll find what you're looking for when staying at our beautiful beach front resort. It's like a tropical getaway that's not too far from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, HRS and TravelClick so you can book your Isla Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Grand Beach Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel Isla Grand Beach
- Radisson South Padre Island
- Isla Grand Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas