Isla Grand Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Peninsula Island Resort & Spa(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Blue Bay Inn & Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Suites at Sunchase(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Padre South Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Gulfview II(South Padre Island)
  • Free Internet
1,010 results
All reviewscabana roomcrab racestennis courtsquarter duckrecommend this resortlive bandpool bargreat resortpool sidehotel restaurantfull kitchenoff seasonfamily vacationocean viewquarterdeckwindjammerwhiskey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Great, clean hotel, happily situated, clean beachfront and excellent restaurant. Friendly staff, helped me with our bicycles that we brought along. Our suite is very spacious and comfortable, with kitchen and all what is needed, everything very clean. We'll def come back again! Thank you from a German family!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We arrived in the early afternoon and were promptly checked in. Although our reservation had only a room with 2 double beds (the only room configuration available at booking), we were given a room with a king bed with handicapped access (another request during booking, but unavailable).

Our room was facing the tennis courts near the beach, and parking was just around the corner from the room. The room was spacious and uncarpeted, which was, in my opinion, a bonus. The shower was a walk or roll in, wide and had fantastic water pressure. The king sized bed was Sleep Number bed, something we did not expect, but were pleased to have, as we have a Sleep Number bed at home. It worked perfectly and we slept quite well. The free wifi was great and we had no problems with internet access anywhere on the property. The flat screen TV was new and we had a good selection of stations to watch.

I was there for a conference, while my husband spent the days relaxing near the pool or on the beach. The conference rooms were comfortable, but, as most conference venues, the rooms are usually cold. I always bring a jacket and have no problems.

We had a couple of issues when we first arrived. (1) The flat screen TV was showing everything in shades of pink. My husband called the Front Desk and a maintenance man was at our room in about 5 minutes. He was able to re-set the TV and we had no further problems. (2) The first morning, after I left for the conference, my husband was watching TV and heard water dripping in the shower. He went to investigate and found water dripping from the light fixture above the shower stall. He called the Front Desk and maintenance men came within a few minutes, looked at our shower, then went upstairs. The water stopped and there were no further issues with water leaks. In both instances, the staff were prompt, courteous, and, most importantly, fixed the problems.

This is my second stay on SPI, and I have loved both my stays at the Isla Grand Resort. I can think of no other place I would rather stay when visiting South Padre Island.

Thank you, Isla Grand!!!

Room Tip: Cabana rooms or pool view rooms are the best!
4  Thank Joanne T
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I recently spent one night at the Isla Grand Beach; this was my first trip to South Padre Island.The location is excellent. I found the rooms to be lacking: primitive tub/shower, no coffee maker and unavailability of coffee before 6:30 AM, and very inadequate "fitness center." The fitness center had a few pieces of equipment, all of which were outdated. While probably acceptable to a vacationer, it was not acceptable to a business traveler.

Room Tip: Get a cabana room overlooking the ocean.
3  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I really love the restaurant food was awesome the server was really nice and made us feel like at home I thank Mario for the excellent service he was kind and gave us great choices on food and drinks thank you all.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank SmithaPaul
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Location for our annual conference. I had a beautiful beach front room on the second floor. The room was beautiful and the view was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the shower. I had very reliable wifi internet. The Windjammer had good food and the entertainment at the Quarterdeck Lounge was pleasant. The conference rooms were clean and well attended as always and the food provided during the conference was very good.
I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Beach front cabanas are the best.