Were staying from march 1 to 8th and i can't begin to tell you what a trashed hotel thus is: first we have rented a two bedroom directly from the hotel, no time share..... day one, they only had one checkin clerk on duty at 3pm which is the start of check in time and it was a zoo. We had tried putting us in room 405 which is right off the elevator. With the beginning of spring break we asked for something else...and as we had requested cooking items this room was less then acceptable. On to our current room 807. Where do i begin, toilets don't flush unless you hold down the handles and the sinks in the bathroom plugs are broke. Call maintenance to be told there is nothing they can do since its privately owner? What??? We rented from the grand beach directly? ...
Day 2, no water pressure to even get the shower to work? We call the main desk and are told that is normal for the winter. Moving on we decide to make dinner in our unit to discover the garbage despoil doesn't work? Again we call for maintenance to wait over two hours and three calls? Again they say "sorry" Owner must be called (again we didn't rent from an owner)
Day 3: all night long there was construction in their parking lot...24hrs. Nothing was said about 24/7 construction when we made our reservations or checked in. To say we got sleep would be an under statement. We decide to leave the hotel at 2:30pm for some lunch and the elevators are out and no one has any idea when they will be fixed? By now we are beyond a nice list of this hotel. Down the stairs we go. It seems some spring breaks filled the elevators too fun and they both broke. No call was made to us by management to let us non spring breakers know. Still no water pressure for morning showers.
Day 4, i decide to have a talk with "a manager" who blamed the construction 24/7 on the city...i pointed out that it was on their property and i rented from them. He offered us $30 in breakfast for the last three days were here, and 10% off of the remaining days.
Day 5 (today) first sunny day and we head to use the pool to be turned away cause we have not boughten a bracelet? What hotel charges their guests to use their pool? I called to be told that guest over 40 would get them free? I asked why we were not given them on check in? He didn't know and said we could come down and get them! Not that he would even send anyone up with them! Patrick the manager i spoke to didn't even give a reason as to why we were turned away when we even showed our room key?
You might ask why we haven't left yet but this hotel charges your cc/amex when the reservation was made in november of 2013!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isla Grand Beach Resort is the premier resort along the Texas Gulf Coast. Located right on the beach, in the southern portion of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort is easy to find and conveniently located near all of South Padre's top attractions. This beachfront resort has great onsite amenities such as two swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, restaurants, a nightclub, gift shop, coffee shop, activities and more. With such a prime location in the heart of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort offers the kind of warm hospitality, inviting resort atmosphere and top-notch services sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Be sure to ask about our special offers and package deals! From the Grand Bed & Breakfast to the Hole in One Golf package, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. We're the perfect choice for your next business conference featuring 10,000 square feet of conference space. Excitement is never far at Isla Grand Beach Resort. The nearby nightclub has liver entertainment every day of the year featuring bands and musical guests from all over the United States. Whether it's business or pleasure, we're sure that you'll find what you're looking for when staying at our beautiful beach front resort. It's like a tropical getaway that's not too far from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Isla Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Grand Beach Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel Isla Grand Beach
- Radisson South Padre Island
- Isla Grand Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas