I stayed in one of the cabana rooms with the garden view and really loved it. The landscaping was impeccable; nicely arranged tropical foliage and manicured lawns which lead down to the beach area. The beach is kept very clean and the water doesn't have that fishy-oil smell that it does higher up the coast of Texas--very sweet-smelling beach which is seaweed and garbage free. Good shelling when the tide is out.
The room was very clean with plenty of towels. The one thing I didn't care for was the sleep number bed. I raised it up and I felt like I was laying on sheet rock. Then I let the air out and could feel the boards inside. Yikes! However, my partner loved his bed. He's a floor dweller at home.
The service was excellent and the rooms were always cleaned on time every day. This was great.
The pools were clean and well maintained with beautiful lighting which changed colors after dark. One of the two pools had a gradient so small children could play on the edge--very nice family resort.
I loved the restaurant. The food was just like a home-cooked meal and the staff was friendly and accomodating.
The feel of the rooms was an updated reno, but still had this nostalgic, old-world ambience in which I found quite charming.
This would have been a been a perfect vacation and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the mean guy with the beach chairs in front of the hotel. There was no sign or indication they were for rent, and I thought they went with the hotel. I laid down and was watching the waves when he came over and said "You can't sit there, it's thirty dollars. If you don't like that go to Motel Six the next time."
That really killed the whole joy of the day. I went down the street and bought a chair and used this instead. They really need to have a sign that there is a fee to use the chairs to better set guests' expectations.
Otherwise, a beautiful and enjoyable place I would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isla Grand Beach Resort is the premier resort along the Texas Gulf Coast. Located right on the beach, in the southern portion of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort is easy to find and conveniently located near all of South Padre's top attractions. This beachfront resort has great onsite amenities such as two swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, restaurants, a nightclub, gift shop, coffee shop, activities and more. With such a prime location in the heart of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort offers the kind of warm hospitality, inviting resort atmosphere and top-notch services sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Be sure to ask about our special offers and package deals! From the Grand Bed & Breakfast to the Hole in One Golf package, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. We're the perfect choice for your next business conference featuring 10,000 square feet of conference space. Excitement is never far at Isla Grand Beach Resort. The nearby nightclub has liver entertainment every day of the year featuring bands and musical guests from all over the United States. Whether it's business or pleasure, we're sure that you'll find what you're looking for when staying at our beautiful beach front resort. It's like a tropical getaway that's not too far from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Priceline and TravelClick so you can book your Isla Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Grand Beach Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel Isla Grand Beach
- Radisson South Padre Island
- Isla Grand Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas