“What an awesome place...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isla Grand Beach Resort

Isla Grand Beach Resort
Oceanside, California
“What an awesome place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place not only looks awesome but the staff take care of anything you ask for and are very friendly. My wife and I stayed there some time ago, but my experience there has just made Isla Grand my one and only place to stay at on South Padre Island. The pool is great and the food is awesome, plus if you enjoy drinks you can do so while enjoying the beatiful beach. HJighly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Sean G
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Sean G, Thank you for your kind review and your patronage. I’m glad you had a great experience during your stay with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. Thank you for mentioning our helpful, friendly staff and our awesome food, great pools and views. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have been going to Isla Grand Beach Resort for almost 8 years now and Love it. The location is great. The rooms, amenities and food are great as well. The grounds are kept up beautiful and they have everything you need to make your vacation perfect. The staff is always ready to help you with a smile and Pat Blancas is wonderful and gives the best hugs ever. They have entertainment 7 days a week at The Quarterdeck so you can always find a place to dance and let off the days stress. I would highly recommend IGBR for your SPI vacation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Danicaraebird
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Danicareaebird, Thank you for your review and your patronage. I’m glad you love our grounds, location, rooms, food and amenities. Thank you for acknowledging Pat Blancas form Group Sales. She does a great job for us. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was totally amazed with this magical place. Very family friendly for parents with young kids but also with teenagers. Great place for couples like us where we were celebrating our 1st anniversary without the kids. We enjoyed ourselves. Very romantic and also enjoyed the quiet surrounding of our room in the evening sitting outside our room listening to the ocean. Very happy with our visit and will be back with the teenagers soon!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Tammy M
brownsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Loved the renovation on pool friendly staff good food loved the invierment the bar it has evrything you need when having a get away for weekend or for bussnies whise defendely go back n vacation there

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank gabrielaherevia69
Dear gabrielaherevia69, Thank you for your review. I’m glad you loved our newly renovated pool, friendly staff, loved the food, the free live entertainment at the bars and had a great time at the Isla Grand. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had never stayed at a hotel with such great costumer service, from bell boy to front desk to restaurant to bartenders to MANAGEMENT! It was incredible! This is the best hotel you can stay at in SPI. I was in a little early from checking in, front desk said my room wasn't quite ready and directed me to the restaurant or bar for a couple of drinks or some munchies. As soon as I got to the bar, which is called the Quaterdeck also has a band every night, the manager (Agustin) asked how was I & how my trip and gave me great costumer service I sat down ordered a drink from the bartender and he was as friendly as the manager! I then went to the front desk and they gave me my room fast it was only 3:03pm (check in time was at 3:00pm)
bell boy came straight to help with my bags with no hesitation. went to my room cleaned up, I was hungry so I went down to the Windjammers (restaurant) the server was great, he had a name tag and said he's name but I was just so excited from my window seat PERFECT VIEW that I did not pay attention LOL. Agustin asked me a few more times if everything was good IT WAS GREAT!, it looked like he was super involved in his costumers not seen a lot in other places! Spent the rest of the week out in the pool, AWESOME weather this time of year and at the bar right next to the pool also at the club which did I mention they have live band every night. it was an awesome experience I will be back soon, very soon!!!

Room Tip: Beach Front room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Iliana G
Dear Iliana G, Thank you for your kind review. I’m very glad to hear you received prompt and friendly service at the front desk and by the bellman. I’m also pleased you were well taken care of by Agustin and the bartender at the Quarterdeck as well as at by the server at the Windjammers restaurant. Sounds like you had a great time at the pools and our resort in general. Thank you for choosing the Isla Grand Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again.
Isabela, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My whole family enjoyed our stay and we will never forget all the wonderful memories we had at Isla Grand!! The staff and management was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel very comfortable as It was our home!! We were so honored to have the Chef come to our table to ensure all of meals were perfect. The pool is fantastic and has ocean front and walking distance to the Ocean. ISLA GRAND will be our friends and family choice hotel when ever we visit South Padre Island!! See you next year and we will book our reservations as soon as we get back home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank moniwig
Dear moniwig, Thank you for your review and kind words. I’m so glad your whole family enjoyed your stay and made wonderful memories here at the Isla Grand. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. Its great to hear you enjoyed the pools and fine dining at the Windjammers restaurant with our amazing Chef. We look forward to seeing you and your family next year.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family loves this hotel!! The service is fantastic, the beds are comfortable, there's a small refrigerator in the room (love this), and most importantly the pool is the best on the island and the beach is practically right outside our door! There's 2 pools, waterfalls, 2 hot tubs, and the most beautiful palm trees you've ever seen all over the property! There's even guest activities planned, like the "How to Build a Sand Castle" class that was held right on the beach. Our whole family went to this and it was so much fun! I know there are so many choices of hotels, but when we come to South Padre Island, we always stay here. I highly recommend it. Once you stay here, you'll never stay any place else!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Margie925, Thank you for your review and your patronage. It is so nice to hear you love the Isla Grand. I love it too! I’m glad you had fantastic service and a comfortable bed. I totally agree, our pools are the best on South Padre Island. Our sand castle building lessons are free for all our Guests and are taught by a professional sand castle builder. They are every Thursday at 9am during the season. I’m glad your whole family had a lot of fun. We look forward to seeing you soon.