“Great view, okay accomodations, NO wi-fi”

Isla Grand Beach Resort
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We rented a two bedroom condo in the tower the week after July 4th. View is great, beach is clean. Condo was expensive and not very clean. Carpets in bedrooms gross, housekeeping not great. Basically made beds and sprayed Lysol. Biggest complaint was no Wi-Fi in room the entire stay (four nights). We complained several times to front desk and they acted like it was the first they'd heard of it each time. Said they would call the tech. My husband had to work a few mornings while we were there and had to go sit down in the lobby to get a signal. Complained heavily at checkout and was told the manager would call. Never got a call, no one took anything off our bill. Considering we had to pay $30 per day for two chairs on the beach with an umbrella, I think we had the right to expect Wi-Fi when it was supposed to be included in a very high priced rate.
On a positive, Pool Bar had a great staff. Very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
islagrand, Front Office Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear EmilyWK, Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues with your room and that you were not able to connect to our free wi-fi network. We have multiple wireless routers thru out our resort. The Isla Grand Beach Resort does not own or operate the beach rental service. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you enjoyed the pools, free live music, and other amenities. I’m glad you had a nice time at the pool side bar with our great staff. I hope you come back and visit us again

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I have been going to Mexico for this type of escape for many years, we thought we would try and find a place closer to our Texas home. We were disappointed on so many fronts that it is hard to list them all. The facilities are tired, run down and falling apart. The pools were dirty and most guest were ignoring the pool rules. There was no one enforce the rules so kids were running and diving at will. On two morning my wife and I removed the empty drink glasses from the pool. The beach was fair however the chairs and umbrellas for rent at $60.00 per day were horrible. They are in dire need of replacement. It is sad that we have to leave the country to stay in a first class facility.

5  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Isla Grand is a beautiful hotel that is clean, modern, and up-to-date. It has a wonderful beach front, 2 pools, and fun opportunities to enjoy water sports. We loved the restaurants and music groups playing there as well. The staff was helpful and friendly and our rooms were always clean. We enjoyed the fireworks each evening over the Laguna Madre, too. I'm sure you will have a fabulous vacation if you stay at Isla Grand on South Padre Island.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the main tower and on the ground level. I like the ground level rooms for easy acc...
1  Thank Madeline K

Dear Madeline K, Thank you for your review and your kind words. It’s great to hear you found our hotel beautiful, modern, up-to-date and clean. Our newly renovated pools are a major attraction. Thank you for mentioning our helpful and friendly staff. I’m glad you enjoyed the fireworks display over the bay and that you had a fabulous vacation. I look forward to your next stay with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was disappointed in the too-bad-so-sad mentality of the desk personnel. Checking in was met with confusion and contradictory info. No atonement was ever offered. Upon checking out, I reported to the desk several malfunctions in the condo. (The ice maker in the frig of the high priced condo didn't work. Reply: "well, we have an ice machine on the 3rd floor.")

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Bizmar, I apologize for any delay at check-in and any inconvenience you experienced. The 2 bedroom condos are privately owned and not all refrigerators have built-in ice makers. We do provide ice dispensers, laundry, and vending machines on the 3rd, 5th, 8th, 10th, & 12th floors of the tower. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us at the Isla Grand Beach Resort. Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Grew up on S. Padre. Was excited to go back. Isla Grand made me feel like I was right back home again. Went with my wife and four kids. We all agree that the pools were excellent, staff was extremely helpful, and the rooms were top notch. I would recommend Isla Grand as the ONLY choice if you're heading to Padre.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear sdparker03, Thank you for your kind review. I’m so glad you and your family felt right at home at the Isla Grand. I’m pleased to hear you were also able to enjoy our excellent pools, extremely helpful staff & top notch rooms. Thank you for choosing us and for recommending the Isla Grand Beach Resosrt. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I just net Raphael. I have been around the world to snow if the best hotels and resorts in Europe but Raphael at the isla grade is the most amazing person I have ever met. He was sweet, conversational, and intelligent all at the same time!! He tends bar in the beautiful waterfall and wave pool setting that they have am designed to give the experience of the beach without the sand!! If is an oasis in the midst of a desert. While breakers offers many pool experiences the isla grande offers the beauty with convenience please visit here and tell Raphael that you 'heard it through the grape vine! He will definitely help to make your day a better fat wether it is with his smile, whit, Ir drinks. ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️ Is how I feel once I left here!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Isla Grand Beach Resort is a wonderful gem located on South Padre Island, Texas. The views from this resort are incredible. The people there are friendly and helpful. They know how to make a vacation special,unique and restful. It is nice to find a resort like this to take a few days off or even a week. Plus the Isla Grand Beach Resort is in a great location on the Island. One of the best kept secrets about South Padre Island is the fall season on the Island. The water is still warm and the beaches are so pretty. I like the seafood at the Isla Grand Beach Resort restaurant too.

Room Tip: Just ask the desk to help you out. They are always willing to give suggestions.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends