Because our plans were flexible I had not made reservations, instead choosing to decide when we got to the island. The Palms was full so we called the Isla Grand (Radisson) and confirmed availability and price. We drove over there (5 minutes from the Palms) and were told the rooms were now 20% more than what we were quoted. After being handed the phone to "call reservations" and speaking to someone that I couldn't hear very well, I just told the person at the desk that "she said it was ok" and got the better rate.
The lobby and grounds looked very nice, but the 2 bedroom condo was not. Picture a condo built and decorated 20 years ago and not updated since. The stove only had two burners (out of four) that worked, and there was a strong smell of bleach throughout. Volume on one of the tv's didn't work (either via remote or buttons on the tv), and there were many stains on the carpet and tile. The laminate countertops were actually worn through to the wood in spots.
The hot tubs were warm, although the jets did not work. The pool around the hot tubs was very cold (which I liked). We didn't try the other pool with the waterfall.
The beach was clean and had nice powdery sand, but because the weather had turned cold for the weekend we just did a leisurely walk - no real beach time.
We packed up early and headed for a road trip to Progresso.
I would look to stay elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isla Grand Beach Resort is the premier resort along the Texas Gulf Coast. Located right on the beach, in the southern portion of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort is easy to find and conveniently located near all of South Padre's top attractions. This beachfront resort has great onsite amenities such as two swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, restaurants, a nightclub, gift shop, coffee shop, activities and more. With such a prime location in the heart of South Padre Island, the Isla Grand Beach Resort offers the kind of warm hospitality, inviting resort atmosphere and top-notch services sure to please business and leisure travelers alike. Be sure to ask about our special offers and package deals! From the Grand Bed & Breakfast to the Hole in One Golf package, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. We're the perfect choice for your next business conference featuring 10,000 square feet of conference space. Excitement is never far at Isla Grand Beach Resort. The nearby nightclub has liver entertainment every day of the year featuring bands and musical guests from all over the United States. Whether it's business or pleasure, we're sure that you'll find what you're looking for when staying at our beautiful beach front resort. It's like a tropical getaway that's not too far from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TravelClick and Priceline so you can book your Isla Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Grand Beach Hotel South Padre Island
- Hotel Isla Grand Beach
- Radisson South Padre Island
- Isla Grand Beach Resort South Padre Island, Texas