“We loved it!!”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
“We loved it!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went down there to spread our fathers ashes and the stay there was excellent. The beds were so soft and the hotel staff was amazing, perfect location. It made us very happy and comfortable for why we were there.

• Stayed September 2012
Marisa C, Director of Sales at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay for this very important occasion. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
texas
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here for over 20 years. The location is perfect and the pool is as nice as any resort would have but the rooms are dated and tired. We won't be back because both beds were horrible. I guarantee that the management had never spent the night on their own beds- very lumpy!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank wannatraveltexas
Thank you so much for your review. Please know we are taking measures to udate our product. Over the past month we have replaced our king beds, upgraded the WIFI system and now we are starting on the AC units. We take all comments very seriously and have reviewed your feedback in depth with our senior Management team.

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Dated, overpriced, poor customer service. Dogs barking unattended for hours. Shortage of towels. Pass on this one.Shared parking with Sapprire, will be overcrowded when fills.Pool small and crowded, so much that we didn't use it. Only ice and soda machines avalible, no shanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dave B
Thank you so much for your review. July is the busiest month for the Island, and we tend to be at 90% and above each day. Although occupancy is never an excuse for substandard service, we strive for consistancy and hope to provide a great stay. We have purchased more pool towels, and have shared your comments with our senior Management team. Thank you again for your feed back.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

A friend and I got this room at the last minute on the night of July 4th. It was the only room they had left, which was a suite, so we paid $409 for 1 night. Not sure if this is the regular rate or if they jacked up the price because of the July 4th holiday. Overall we enjoyed the resort for the short time we were there. The service at the front desk was great. When we arrived there on the morning of the 4th, our room wasn't ready (which we knew it wouldn't be ready until 3pm) but they gave us a parking pass and bracelets so we could have full access to the resort. The pool was beautiful, although we didn't use it. We went straight down to the beach. Being that I was there with another girlfriend, we were looking for more of a party atmosphere on the beach, but it was mostly just families and couples. Not that big of a deal. When our room was ready, checking in was somewhat of an issue because they didn't have enough bellmen. We waited quite awhile next to our vehicle waiting for a bellman to take our things up to our room. It appeared to be very disorganized and there was a line of cars backed up at the front entrance, all waiting for a bellman to take their stuff. Again, it being July 4th, we understood that they were busy, but it seems they could have been a little more prepared to handle the customers. After checking in, we got burgers/fries to go from the Beachside Bar & grille. They were quick about taking our order as well as getting it prepared. The guys at the grille also threw in a plate of nachos for free. The food was decent for the price. Our biggest issue with the resort was the AC in our suite. We kept both units (one in the living room and one in the bedroom) on the lowest setting the entire time but the room still felt humid and it wasn't as cool as we would have liked. The room itself was decent and clean, but definitely not worth $409. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was small, nothing special, and we noticed on the morning we were checking out that it had begun to start emitting an odor that smelled like sewage. Overall, this was a decent resort. I'd stay there again if I had to, but definitely would not pay $409.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Missy F
Thank you so much for your stay and feed back. We have shared your comments with our Engineering team and senior staff. The property is in the process of replacing the AC units in the guestrooms, which should be refreshing in these summer months. Again, thank you and we hope you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel lost our reservation. When I gave the front desk my confirmation number, they still couldn't find it. The girl at the front desk was rude to my husband and gave him attitude when he was asking simple questions. She seemed condescending and not customer service oriented. Not worth the money. Our housekeeper was friendly, but she was the only one.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Judithcrod12
Thank you for your comments, and we apologize for your experience. I have shared this with our Front Desk Manager and Director of Rooms, and we will be revisiting our standards to ensure the best customer service possible. Thank you again!
Houston
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I had stopped going here when this place was the Sheraton. We thought the Pearl as a new company would be better. The Sheraton had failed to use proper paint to control mold on the ceilings and apparently The Pearl has failed to do that as well as our room had visible mold on the ceiling. I waited for 2 hours to get a chirping smoke alarm replaced and never got it done. My wife just said it went off again the next day. Tile in our bathroom needed to be replaced and it looked moldy. The sink was was old and chipped. The beds down the hall were getting replaced down the hall but they never replaced ours even after we discovered urine stains on our mattress. We learned this when we were curious who made the bed. It just had a Made in China tag. I had called ahead to have a room on the north side that would allow my young son to see the fireworks Friday evening. I also blocked a room the morning of my stay telling them I wanted to see the fireworkds. When I checked in and went to the room I was concerned because the hotel across the way would have likely blocked our view of the fireworks I suspected. When I told the front desk this they were sure I would be able to see the fireworks. Sure enough, all we could see was a hue of fireworks around the hotel next door. Something I had gone to great lengths for my son to see from our balcony. When I informed the front desk about this after we had been disappointed they said you should have been able to see the fireworks. Same pathetic response. When I asked to see a manager. I spoke with Raul who seemed to listen but ultimately tried to say everything was subject to availability. I had made this special request to be on a side that people usually don't want to be on because they want to see the pool. Room availability was not an issue because I made this request before many people had arrived for a seminar that took up many of the rooms. I quickly reminded Raul that this was not at all a room availability issue but a management issue. These fireworks have been going on on Fridays for a long time. They should know that rooms on the east half of the building cannot see the Friday night fireworks and should not tell their staff to just give nonsense answers to guest in an attempt to placate them and send them on their way. This foolishness seems to continue out onto the pool where they hosed the sand into the pool and didn't vacuum it. Where the didn't wash pool towels until they ran out leaving long periods of time with no pool towels. These were the same type of complaints that came when this was the Sheraton. My phone would also not dial the front desk. When I told this to a butch looking maintenance worker in our hallway, she cut me off and told me I would have to tell that concern to the front desk. So I had to go down there and wait in line to do it. Their pool drink and food prices are ridiculously overpriced. I should have not thought a company name change would have changed the look and service of such an overpriced and tired hotel with awful service. Do yourself a favor and stay any place but this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank funexplorer
We truly apologize for the great inconvenience and experience during your stay. We have taken all of your points very seriously and will research the maintenance issues further. We have devised a care program which will maintain and detail each room on a rotation basis. This will catch all major and minor issues prior to check-in and prevent incidences such as this. Again, thank you so much for your comments. We will share with all of our department heads, and staff.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had to wait half the day to check in.... no towels for the pool.... room was HORRIBLE... bathtub didn't drain..was given a double bed room when I booked a king months in advance.. and no one working there seemed happy to help anyone! checked out asap.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D
Thank you for your response. We are working to correct the issues you have mentioned as pool towels have been purchased, and a care program is in place for preventative maintenance. I have also shared your comments with our Front Desk Manager regarding the room type. Again, thank you for your feed back!