“Excellence for Spring Breakers”
Review of Pearl South Padre

Pearl South Padre
Fort Worth, United States
“Excellence for Spring Breakers”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Staff provided wonderful service even with the chaos of spring break. Not everything was perfect, as we were not accommodated with the room we were promised, but we still had a pleasurable experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Lissa G, Executive Office Staff at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that though it was Spring Break and it was pretty hectic, our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us, We hope that you keep us as your choice hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation or getaway.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel while visiting my Mother. Unfortunately for me, it was during Spring break and the hotel was filled with college students having parties. I knew it might be noisy but wasn't prepared for all night noise. The TV in my room had a fuzzy picture so I couldn't watch TV to drown out the noise. The bathroom door mirror was filthy all 3 nights of my stay. The shower pressure was poor and the bathroom ceiling was peeling. The towels were poor quality and hurt my skin. The bed was comfortable, though, and I loved the pillows. I was able to keep the room cool and comfortable. I will not stay at this hotel again the next time I visit my Mother.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank pamelag442
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize regarding the issue you had with the water pressure in your room and the TV. We take all comments seriously and we will make improvements so that this is no longer an issue. Thank you for staying with us, we hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to South Padre Island.

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I recently stayed here for a Spring Break vacation. At first impression the valets were very professional and polite. However, on the day of check out we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant at which time the waiter overcharged my card giving himself a $20 tip on a $50 meal. Next as we checked out we learn that the hotel actually already charged amenities to our credit card and we would have to wait 5 business days for reimbursement, not a problem except for they only reimbursed $100 of $140 to my card. When I called to inquire about the missing $40 I was told that we were charged an additional $10 per guest for a blue bracelet that was mandatory for us to wear the entire weekend for security to ID us as guests. The bracelet served no other purpose, there was no included immunities or services other than a ridiculous hidden charge included for a cheap wrist band that you could get at any local carnival. I am disappointed with the dishonest business practices of this place. Further be very careful when going on the balcony, the tile is extremely slippery when wet, which it was always wet from moisture in the air. Overall, I would have rated this place higher, but their hidden fees and the theft of their staff restrict me from giving this place a decent rating.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Preston P
Lissa G, Executive Office Staff at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize regarding the issue on your billing. We enforce wristbands and charge a fee during Spring Break to ensure the safety of our guests. We do continue to grow and improve on our product and service and with time I am positive that you will see this as well. We hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next vacation or getaway.
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is ran down and falling apart.It has many places where the balcony is literally falling apart not to mention how they use deodorizers in the hallways to cover the smell.
The Restaurant did have a OK breakfast but quality is not a focus and dinner was a major disapointment . The Mahi Mahi was very dry and the fried shrimp were clearly frozen from a bag and uneventful so my suggestion would be go to other restaurants and read the reviews.. This restaurant has only one focus get your money for the least amount of effort. I feel sorry for the waiters because they are the ones that have to make a living from this kitchen. and even good service can not overcome the quality or tasteless food.
It appears that the management of this hotel is not focus on the quality of your stay and especially not in repeat business.
I was awoken both nights by large parties in the hall way yes this is spring break but security should of been making their rounds on each floor checking to eliminate these things trather tahan eaiting to be called. Not to mention this might of helped not having some jerk pull the fire alarm causing everyone to evacuate the room and go outside to wait for a fire department not to show.
Did I tell you this was Spring Break? So I can accept the fact that I asked for it in thinking that a higher end establishment would have better controls in place,but after all it was obvious this hotel had only one focus that was to get your money and provide the least they could in return.
There is a point when you look at your experience and rate it and thus my title Spring Break Hell.
I would avoid this hotel and would not return until a major change of ownership and a major overhaul. I will first however go to the reviews to see if they actually made the improvements.

Crowd control resulted in long lines that had to form to wait for an elevator. The service The rate they charge of over 300.00 a night is way overpriced, yes I know it was Spring Break but does that give you the right to overcharge?

Omni versus Holiday Inn Express ?????????? Holiday Inn Express

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon C
Lissa G, Executive Office Staff at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We take all comments seriously and we will make improvements so that this is no longer an issue. Thank you for staying with us, we hope that you keep us as your choice hotel on your next vacation or getaway.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I always want to give the benefit of the doubt thinking some guests are critical, angry, looking for a free night. This hotel is only appropriate for young adults looking for a place to sleep. It is old, dirty and run down. It is very disappointing the Omni Chain owns this property and does not manage its upkeep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Liz E
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do continue to grow and improve on our product and service and with time I am positive that you will see this as well. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next vacation or getaway to South Padre Island.
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel is very tired looking and appears to be poorly maintained. Crumbling balconies, dirty bathrooms, chipped paint everywhere, poorly done paint "touch-ups"....The room prices are high and you DO NOT get what you pay for. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Lissa G, Executive Office Staff at Pearl South Padre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do continue to grow and improve on our product and service and with time I am positive that you will see this as well. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to South Padre Island.
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I am returning next year for three months loved it so. Free breakfast was large and tasty. The wait staff was so nice I looked forward to breakfast daily. I sure wish the heated pool was not so warm and the unheated pool was warm. But that is the only negative thing I can say.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our Beachside Bar and Grille for breakfast. Thank you for staying with us, we hope we remain your hotel of choice on your next trip to South Padre Island.