There are millions of dollars of deferred maintenance needed on the building. There is mold everywhere, broken tiles, poorly patched ceilings where there was water damage, broken light fixtures, terrible smell, rusty plumbing, broken elevator, etc. The hotel does not provide chairs at the beach unless you want to pay extra, and even then, you cannot use them after 6:00. They have towels available to use, except you can't take them out to the beach. We ordered a chicken sandwich in the restaurant and it was unquestionably a frozen and microwaved piece of chicken. We stay at hotels 4 or 5 times a year and this one was one of the most disappointing ever. So much potential, but falls VERY short of the expectation. We will NOT ever go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment you drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, you'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pearl South Padre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl South Padre Hotel South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Sheraton
- Sheraton South Padre Island
- Pearl South Padre South Padre Island, Texas