“Good deal”

Super 8 South Padre Island
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for one night in November 2013. The booking from Germany was without problem.
The hotel is in a good location. You can reach the beaches very easy.
Our room was clean.
The breakfast is good and the staff was friendly.
We would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank F

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel! We stayed in one of the rooms with a little kitchenette,it was comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and helpful-especially the night guys, Oscar and Louis.

• Stayed: May 2014
Sharyland, Owner at Super 8 South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. We have a new General Manager and he has made a whole lot of improvements in a very short time so you should like it even more in the future. Please remember to book directly with us as we have the best rate guarantee and a 24 hour cancellation policy. You can not find our rates anywhere for less. Thanks, MK

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This Super 8 was a good choice for us. It's not fancy but it was clean and comfortable. It's located about in the center of the Island so you are close to most everything the Island has to offer. The price was good, we got in on a special which made it even better. It had a pool but we didn't use it and the breakfast was enough to get you started for the day but not a lot of choices. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The room with the king bed was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorothy K

Thank you for your review. I love your term that breakfast is good enough to get you started. It is a free breakfast with hot waffles but it is not a buffet. Thanks for the rest of your description too. We appreciate your business. Remember to book directly as we can help you if there is a problem we can not always help you if there is a problem when you book through another site and we have the lowest rate guarantee. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

after reading the reviews about this hotel I book and was the worst experience I've had in a hotel, my room was old and smelled very bad humidity, had no kitchenette as in the pictures but had microwave and refrigerator, the counter was full of food, and cockroaches around the room, I went to lobbby and they told me to put raid and I leave the room, horrible customer service, do not believe in the comments like me, it is not the same room of the images and do not have good customer service, I do not understand how it is possible good comments about this hotel, i couldn't sleep and of course i leave hotel immediately, who wants to sleep with roaches in your bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank MayeBaeza

My apologies for your last stay. I do not have an explanation on why your room had so many roaches. We have a professional pest service and always strip the palm trees and treat heavily both inside and out regularly. In the future please let us know as soon as you notice an issue and we could have moved you to another room. Rest assured this will not happen again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great location next to South Padre World Birding and Nature Center. Efficient and friendly staff. Good breakfast with several choices of food and drink. Price was right. Only negative was strong floor cleaner smell. Should have asked for different room. Our fault. Will return again some day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan W
Sharyland, Owner at Super 8 South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was extremely disappointed with my stay here. The parking is limited and the spaces were small,(someone dinged and chipped the paint off my brand new mid-sized car), there are no elevators so I had to hike everything up the stairs there were roaches in my room (yes, alive), the wall socket's cover was broken off (I was staying with my 2 young children), the floors were dirty upon check-in, the bathroom smelled musty, the towels were dingy, the pillows smelled stinky, and the water was turned off without warning (and we just happened to be getting ready for a wedding). The only positive thing I can say about my experience is that the front desk guys were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisabeth M
Sharyland, Owner at Super 8 South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We apologize for not having the room up to our standards. Perhaps the room was not cleaned which is our fault. In the future please notify the front desk as soon as a problem is discovered. After you check out we can not improve your stay. We have a regular pest control program but sorry you had to experience that. Parking spaces are regulated by city code and our parking space sizes are the same as all the other lodging options on the island. There are spaces on the south side of the building which are never used so I would park on that side so no one would park next to you. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.