“Awesome trip with Captain Mark”

Parrot Eyes Watersports
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Parrot Eyes Fishing Charters is based out of Parrot Eyes Restaurant-Bar & Water Sports. We offer a variety of water sport activities along with a full service bar and a waterfront restaurant. The restaurant has both indoor seating as well as seating on our outdoor patio that overlooks the Parrot Eyes Marina & Boat Ramp along with a perfect view of the fishing enthusiasts as they come in with their daily catch.
Portales, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome trip with Captain Mark”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first time using Captian Mark, and will use only him from now on. Within 45 minutes we had lines in the water getting bites and catching fish. After bagging our limit of trout he proceeded to take us to catch red fish. Fellow said they weren't biting and he wouldn't find them,but he did. He kept finding them until everyone had caught a red fish. On top of that, he's a good guy dedicated to creating a good experience

Visited June 2014
1 Thank wade_b0unds

Addison, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect Day of Fishing”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had the most enjoyable 1/2 day fishing last weekend. After my friend got sick and couldn't make it, I thought about canceling this trip but so glad I didn't . Capt .mark definitely knows where the fish are and I had a great time reeling them in. Very personable and professional 1/2 day of fishing. Caught our limit on sheep'shead and also several trout. He then cleaned my fish and I was on my way. I found out after that there is more than one place you can leave from if you are ever faced with crowds and traffic like I was and staying at one end of the island. Will book with Capt. Mark the next time we are in south padre. Thanks for a great time.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Karen F
Eagle, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shark Wrestling with Captain Mark Guillot!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Had the best time with Captain Mark Guillot on our last trip to South Padre. We caught more fish than we could count and my mother even hooked a shark. One of the funnest hour's of our life trying to reel that black tip reef shark in. Be sure to look at the pictures posted to see the catch of the day! :)

Mark was just an awesome guide. He was incredibly patient and easy to interact with the whole time. He is the kind of guy that just gets along with anybody, so I highly recommend him to anyone wanting to go fishing at SPI. Even if you don't catch a fish, just being in Mark's good company is a lot of fun! Thanks Mark for an awesome trip and memories that will last a lifetime!!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kerrminator2
South Padre Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Running a scam”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Purchased tickets through channel 4, Valley Central Deals, listed as "$80 jet ski adventure for $40" but upon arriving at Parrot Eyes was told the jet ski ride would cost another $15 plus the Ticket. I had called Parrot Eyes before buying the ticket and was told I would receive a half hour jet ski ride for two people for the $80, ($40), ticket but they then tried to get more money. Not a lot of options since the tickets state no refunds. If they want more money for their jet ski rides they should state so on the tickets and not try to rob people after they have purchased a discount ticket. They did not get any extra money from me and I got my money back from channel 4. Thanks to them. Parrot Eyes is trying to cheat customers. In the future I will use one of the many other jet ski rentals on the island and will never return to Parrot Eyes.

Visited September 2013
30 Thank Rick W
Iowa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“rip off”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We bought Action 4 certificates for a half hour jet ski ride. My buddy called Parrot Eyes before buying his coupon to see what we would receive for our $40.00. He was told we would get a double passenger jet ski for one half hour for the $40.00. When we get there, we are told we have to pay more money. My friend explained what he had been told previously. They ignored what he had to say. Pay up or leave we were told. I expressed displeasure at that comment. Again, we were told to leave and never come back. I again expressed displeasure at that comment and we left. We were followed to our car by two Parrot Eyes employees who called the police as they followed us and reported we were unruly customers who had used profanity. THIS PLACE IS A RIP OFF!

Visited September 2013