“Excellent service”

Motel 6 South Padre Island
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent service clean and friendly environment. I do recommend to all my family and friends . The price also was good compare to all the ons in the island .I have gone to the one in brownsville and I did see the difrence. :) :) :)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank mimihdz9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

While planning a last minute weekend trip to South Padre Island, TX, I was very surprised to find availability at the Motel 6. Now I know why. Upon making the reservation I specifically asked for a non-smoking room with at minimum a queen sized bed. I was told that would not be a problem. We arrived SPI a bit earlier than check-in time so I called to see if there was a way we could check in earlier....was told no which was not a problem. Doesn't hurt to ask. We ended up spending the day at the beach then checking in around 7:00 p.m. The front desk clerk appeared to be on "robot mode". He was not very welcoming. Our discounted rate at booking was $113.00 but then ended up being close to $130.00 after taxes. Hmm? As soon as we walked into the room, it had a very strong smoky smell....even though this was a non-smoking room. Fine. The other thing I noticed was how very plain this room was. There was nothing else other than the bed, which was a FULL SIZE box bed, the TV and a bucket for ice. That's it!!! After my shower, I noticed there was no hair dryer. I called the front desk and asked if those were provided and was told no. In addition, there was no fridge, no microwave, no ironing board/iron, not even a coffee maker. So basically we paid $130 for a smoky, small, cramped box bed room. We did get 2 bars of soap. Oh and forget about free Wi-Fi...that's extra. The next morning as we were packing up to leave, the room next door (which was also a non-smoking room) had it's door open. I noticed an individual sitting on the bed, smoking. Obviously, the no smoking rule is not enforced. I've stayed at a Motel 6 before but this one has to be the worst. For the price we paid, we couldn't have stayed at a much nicer hotel. I feel they take advantage and charge so much because of their location which is about a block from the beach. Lesson learned. Don't waste your money on this hotel. It's stinks....literally.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Yvonnes_Travel_Tips

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Not worth your money at all! The rooms are very very small and unless its only 2 people..this hotel is not worth it. Also, the bathrooms are kinda dirty and have a weird smell even though they are cleaned. The amount of towels they have is not enough and then you have to walk all the way downstairs just to get new towels after turning in your old ones. The wifi is the worst. You have to pay $3 to use it for ONE day and also only ONE person can use the wifi on a device. Not more than one person at a time. Also the wifi is slow. The beds are very uncomfortable its like sleeping on a box. I do not recommend this hotel to anybody at all.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank marion7890
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Room was very small with no amenities at all, no hairdryer, no microwave or fridge. When turning in on the first night, we noticed that the sheets were not clean, even left the hair on sheet to show to front desk employee. After contacting front desk for clean sheets and waiting almost an hour, they finally came. One bottom sheet and one top sheet. We had to change the bed ourselves. Didn't even bring pillowcases so we had to sleep on the bare pillows. And when the room was serviced the next morning, bed was remade and still no pillowcases. Put the bare pillows back on the bed. And to top it off, disgusting matter was discovered on the wall. Our experience was horrible, and we will never stay at that Motel 6 again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cheryl C
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I got a room with 2 beds here on July 7th. The room was pretty much a box with 2 beds. There were 3 of us and It was VERY small and cramped in there. There were no amenities in the room, no mini fridge or microwave not even free wifi. It was prompting me to PAY 2.99 a day if I wanted to use their internet! To top it off my bf came running out of the bathroom screaming because he saw a cockroach -_- We checked out the very next morning and found something 10 times better for the SAME price. Needless to say, I will not be staying here again...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the motel 6 on south Padre island June of 2014 the only thing that I didn't like was the rooms are a little small but for the price and location you get your money's worth. .I would stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DELIA S
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Motel 6 during our trip to the island., I wasn't expecting anything great but this place is unacceptable. My husband has a sensitivity to smoke and every evening when we returned to the room it reeked of marijuana smoke. We paid 10 dollars for the wifi key and the internet connection was so bad that we ended up using the ramada inn's free wifi! Our shower head was broken and the hot water was in and out. On our last night, our water was completely busted because a pipe busted. We were completely covered in sand and in desperate need of the shower! They couldn't move us to a new room because there was no vacancy so we had to stand around our room for an hour full of sand. When the water finally came back on, it was all cold. Even the next morning there was still no hot water. The only reason I gave this place 2 stars instead of 1 is because after we complained about the room, the manager said he would refund us $50 (even though we paid 66 a night) Next time I'll look for quality over value when booking a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple