“It's a good little hotel”

Blue Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I took a group of high school kids in early June, and we were generally pleased with our stay. The rooms were good and comfortable. We did have one issue with an air conditioner not working, but it was fixed in a very timely manner. There was a little construction noise from some of the renovations being done, but it was during the day, and not that big a deal.

The staff was very friendly and courteous.

The hotel is not too far from the beach, and there are plenty of places to shop near it.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing a good place to rest that is also inexpensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2014

under renovation and looking pretty good. the rooms were quite comfortable and service was good. we had an outstanding view of the bay with gorgeous sunsets every night. it was so cheap that we were worried about what we were getting into but overall, it was quite adequate....it is not a beach resort but we were not there for the beach so we were well pleased.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I made my reservation a month in advance 4 109.00 nightly room rate. I get a call from hotel wed. 6/18 to see if we're coming. Found odd, they never call. Find out they canceled our reservation without our consent basically to price gouge due to TI concert.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jcreyna15
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A group of us stayed at the hotel. My room was awesome, but my relative's room was nowhere near as nice. We both paid the same price. I guess if you are going to stay, makes sure you ask for the renovated rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Miguel G
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel room looked very clean, it looked like they had some renovations, the restroom very spacious.but the tv was outdated, and we went out side n left a bag o chips open when we came back i saw two little roaches roaming around the chips.in the room. Very disgusting. Definetely will not come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Christian H
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is awful. I was going to stay but they had rude guests in the pool area. My daughter almost got drowned by another child and the parent said it was our fault! Worst experience ever. The rooms were no better, they stunck and it was nothing to be impressed about. I left having only stayed for 30 minutes. Got my money back and went to the only room avalible at the time which was smoking, but even that was better than this.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I searched for an affordable, pet-friendly hotel on the island where I would feel safe and be comfortable. This hotel just what I searched for! Our room was very large with a king size bed and a Jacuzzi. The hotel looks like management truly cares about the place. Our bed was great and we had a nice view of the causeway from our 3rd story floor. The rates were great during our stay and the staff were always friendly.

Downsides: 1) There was no waffle maker during breakfast. We ended craving them our first morning there but no waffle iron to be found. 2) Our room did not have an clothes iron. 3) Our shower had very weak pressure. 4) The soap in the bathroom is worthless, so bring your own.

As a tale of caution, do not trust the gift shop on the causeway-side of the hotel (the one with the shark entrance). They are not friendly and will over-charge you. We bought a pair of sandals there for $14. We then went across the street and we bought another pair of the exact same sandals for $8!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple