“Best NFL seat in the house”
Review of Big Boys Wings and Sports Bar - CLOSED

Big Boys Wings and Sports Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The singe said NFL ticket specials. When we walked in we got greed by a gentleman that we later found out he was the general manager at the establishment and was taken to our table. He even told us all the specials and introduced us to his waitress, what no hostess impressive. Within minutes our order was taken and brought out. I had the ribs mmmmm they were great my wife had a shrimp cocktail which was good too. Good recommendation by the manager. We had never been there before and they told us they had just remodel the place good job guys. By the time we new it we were drinking beer enjoying the game on a 70 inch TV and watching 7 other games that were going on at that time for the next 4 hours. Great job from the management, and staff. The only bad part we never got the waitresses name. I will definitely go back to watch my Vikings play again.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had Big Boys smoke SIX Turkeys to give away for the Holiday. Picked up this AM and have already had several reviews that they did a FANTASTIC job!!!
Great work, great folks, many thanks

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Worst place to eat in South Padre. Went w/ my family for dinner and the food wasn't so bad but the service was the worst ever. Thomas was our server and couldn't keep his attention on his priorities. The food took forever to arrive and we waited about 15 minutes to get refills. His attention was more focused on chatting near the front with his little fat co-worker than on his customers. Like I said, food was alright, but the service completely SUCKED! Will we eat there again on our next visit to South Padre? Don't count on it.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Lunch was actually pretty good, but I was surprised that neither the smoked chicken or brisket had a smoked taste or smoke ring...the chicken appeared to be cooked or at least finished off on a flat top. The brisket was not very tender, but had good flavor. All our sandwiches came with fries, which were the typical battered, flash frozen type.

Being our food was all "smoked" (except the fries), you'd think it also would have arrived fairly quickly, but for being 4 of just 6 people in the restaurant, it seemed to take too long. The employees appeared to be more concerned about chatting with one another rather then service...

Our waiter also did not understand what the term "lean" meant, but we explained best we could. Additionally he didn't tell us about the Pulled Pork special, which was just $5. Had we been told or noticed the small poorly lit sign before ordering, at least two of us would have ordered it.

Lastly, the place is more then a little dark and dingy, plus the ladies said the bathrooms were less then desirable.

Would we return? Yes, for a quick meal, but don't go to impress anybody, and I mean ANYBODY. on a scale of 1 to 10, atmosphere was a 1....nuff said.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I were on the hunt for some good American food. We drove around for a bit and agreed on this restaurant. Immediately we were greeted and sat. We enjoyed the hot wings, chips and salsa, and the briskett sandwich. Everything was so yummy and with a pitcher of Budlight the total came to $25. Not bad at all! We will def be back!!!