“A bar...just a bar...”

Dining options: After-hours
San Antonio, Texas
“A bar...just a bar...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I do see the comments about the food and I am sure they warrant some attention. However, if you are new to the town and you see Kelly's and literally think you are going to experience a culinary masterpiece then you must not travel much at all. My experience was pretty great; good bartender for the relative atmosphere; decent selection of alcohol (except for the only Irish beer being Guinness). Overall, I should be writing a very negative review because one of the bartenders is dating a woman I am in love with...that deserves bitterness, even though I had just met her. So even with sadness I write this place is an awesome place to have a happy meal (beer and a side shot) and meet people that know where they are at!
PLIJR

• Visited May 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“It was so-so and pricey.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I had the bangers and mash...it was bland and tasteless. My boyfriend had the baja hamburger it was okay.

South Padre Island, Texas
“Bad Wait Service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Food was OK, but not worth the price. Fish breading was soggy. Nothing special regarding food flavor.
Waiter served hot rolls, but couldn't get his attention to get butter for them. (Only 1 other table eating at the time). So I asked a waitress instead and she threw 3 packs of FROZEN (not refrigerated) butter down on the table and said "I don't know how many you need" and quickly left to talk to her friends at the bar. When finished, she came to get my plate, all the while talking across the room to her friends.
We paid the bill and got up to leave, expecting ANYBODY to say goodbye or thank you or come again, but that didn't come.
We didn't feel very welcome. No wonder the place was almost empty on a Friday evening during spring break.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank IslandVisitor2014
Warsaw, Missouri
“The best Rueben anywhere!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband eats Rueben sandwiches everywhere we go, from coast to coast, and this one is his favorite! They make their own brine...need I say more...WOW!! We also had the fish tacos..delicious! Great place!!

Visited March 2014
“Mixed”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Our server was, well awful. After asking what we wanted to drink and a few requests we were told to forget about tea or water as the water was off. Ok, that happens on the island. When we asked is they could make lunch he said he hoped so. Why not say that right up front. We were obviously not on his radar that afternoon. When we ordered food the waiter said the hand cut fries were a specialty. So we asked what was served with them, "it shows on the menu". It didn't get better from there. Two at our table split a Reuben and they loved it. The hand cut fries disappointed. They were soggy and not hot although we were one of three tables. Others at our table ordered burgers and they were disappointing as well. As we continued our meal, a friend of our server brought in boxes of food from outside for them to eat at the bar. Perhaps we should have asked where their food came from.

• Visited March 2014