“No, just no.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Wanna Wanna Inn
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
“No, just no.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was awful. No water pressure, room wasnt clean,ac dripped everywhere,ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING, if you leave dont expect to repark. Front desk was no help, all they could manage was Im sorry. Was put in an upstairs room, even tho we specified handicap,the door wasnt secure. Overall, it was bad, real bad.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mindy2944

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Paris, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family of four stayed for five days. We absolutely loved it! Room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in room #102. There is a room air conditioner, and we turned it on when we arrived. It kept the room nice and cool the entire stay. No, it's not the fanciest place in the world, but for going to the beach and sightseeing, it was perfect. Our room was away from the band and we never heard it at all. Even so, they end at midnight, so it was never even an issue for us.

Our water pressure was great, both early in the morning and late at night. Water was nice and warm, and bathroom was clean. We ended up with a lot of sand on the floor, but there was a broom and dustpan in the room, so we just swept it up and all was well.

Pool required a wristband to show that we were guests. We just made them loose and wore them while in the pool, and removed them when not using the facility.

Free internet wifi was included, it was good for surfing the internet but not strong enough to rely on for anything else.

The Beach bar was fantastic. Great smoothy type adult beverages. There were kind of pricey at $9.75 each. I loved the Cerviche! There was a singer on the weekend from 2-6 and he was quite good. The bands were from 8-12 and were also decent. It was nice to sit out at the bar and look at the beach and the waves and listen to the music!

The beach was also great. Well taken care of in front of the inn and bar. Chairs and umbrellas could be rented.

Room had a microwave, toaster, coffee maker and refrigerator. We went to the local grocery store and bought snacks and drinks, which was handy after being at the beach all day.

My suggestion would be to RENT A CAR!! We weren't sure about it before we came, and we definitely would have been stranded without one! There is no shuttle from Brownsville airport to here, and it was almost as cheap to rent a car for five days and it would have been to have a taxi make the trips. Smartest thing we did! It would have been a long walk to restaurants because the only thing even close is the beach bar. Everything else is on the main strip, which would be a pain to walk to everyday to find a restaurant. (probably a mile minimum..)

We would definitely like to return! After driving around the area, this is one of the closest places to the beach, the best bar near the bear, and seriously the friendliest best attitude, both from other guests and from the employees.

Room Tip: RENT a CAR!!! Also room #102 was easily accessible and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank parisresale
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We didn't stay here at Wanna Wanna but had lunch outside with the view of the beach and rented chairs & an umbrella. The staff, atmosphere, and food was good. No complaints at all and will be back during our next vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank daisymae408
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked my room for this inn on February 4th for our trip on May5th for 4 days on a Monday through thursday. I requested two specific rooms upstairs (the end room with the one next door). I was told they had a large group staying the weekend before and they had already booked one of the rooms I wanted but the other room was not a problem as this group had only booked the rooms with double beds. The group would be leaving the next day and we could move up to the second room on the following day. That was ok so I booked and paid. When we arrived on May the 5th, I was told the room I requested upstairs was not available. I explained to him that I was told we had booked that room and that it was available 3 months ago. He said he was sorry but that someone was in that room and what if something had been wrong with the room and they were repairing it (they were'nt, he has just rented it to someone else). He told me they were leaving the next day and we could move then. Not ideal but I said ok. At this point what choice do I have. I had to pay a nonrefundable(because now it was the day of our arrival) deposit 3 months ago. So he gave me a key to the room I was now going to get (a room downstairs under the stairs). I have wanted to stay here for years and don't get to go to SPI a lot, so this was very disappointing. I got a call the next day at 11:10 thinking I was going to be told we could now move upstairs to the room with the ocean view, instead told they had requested to stay another day. Our second room we had was also downstairs, but also without a view. Instead of sitting outside looking at the ocean we got to sit outside in what was a walkway with a view of the fence to the pool. I have to say the housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a great job. The rooms were clean. We had to request housekeeping on the second day because they had not been to eiher of our rooms by 5:30 pm, but they came right away. I was looking forward to relaxing on the patio in the evening enjoying the view instead got to spend each evening sitting in a hallway. Many other places we could have stayed with a patio with a view had I known what would happen once we arrived. If you have requested a specific room don't count on that happening. Another reason I have wanted to stay here is because they have a good bar that also serves food that was pet friendly on the patio. That is not the case anymore (not their fault) but could have salvaged the trip had we been able to hang out on that patio with the dog. Many other great places to stay on the island. A lot of money spent without any of the perks of being at the beach.

Room Tip: You cannot reserve a room even with your paid deposit and 3 month request with availability. I did...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rharriss
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were about 20 guys on a fishing trip and this place was excellent.
Clean, nice rooms with beautiful murals in each room. Kitchen had a fridge, microwave and dishes. The bathrooms were clean and adequate.
Had a good bar with live music and lots of people, but the rooms were still quiet. Good outside bar with good food and lots of room for everyone.
The only problem was the unpredictable wifi, literally went days without a connection.

Room Tip: Order early and get a good deal.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Morten S
Stillwater,Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just got back from a month at Wanna Wanna, can;t wait to go back next year for 2 months. It is small, clean, quiet, comfortable, riight on the beach with kitchenettes and a bar/rest. right on site. Unbeatable!! Free public transportation to the door, a person can fly down and get along without a car. The sceanery is breathtaking and the staff very helpful, the best.

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd floor overlooks both the pool and the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank monroe91
Edinburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I read the reviews and heard good things about the Wanna Wanna, but was terribly disappointed when I had to cancel my reservation. I checked their website again and could not find the 3 day cancellation policy. I tried to cancel the day before our arrival and management refused to credit our card. SO, JUST A WARNING !! Our booking was only for 1 day, what if we had booked for 3 days. Most motels have a 24 hour cancellation policy and some even less than that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends