I stayed in room 214 and friends stayed in 209 mid-Feb. 2012. This was my second stay at the Palms and I was not dissapointed. The rooms are small, but well-designed, clean and comfortable. Many Palms winter occupants are long-term and referred to as "winter"-Texans" and the best view rooms are usually booked far ahead.
We enjoyed the attached restuarant immensely - it is said to have the bewt tuna on the island.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island
- The Palms Resort South Padre Island, Texas